2150 high elf army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2150 high elf army

im having trouble making a good balenced high elf army any sugestions???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

2 Mages with magic items should be enough for a decent magic phase without making magic dominate the game. Jewel of the dusk and ring of Corin on one mage and seer, silver wand and channeller on the other are good combo's.

Then a prince and commander. The prince should go on foot with armor of the gods and a great weapon or armor of the gods and blade of leaping gold.

Personally I like armor of the gods, great weapon and swordmaster honor. It will make him a chariot/character killer.

Do with the commander what you want but a BSB is usefull even though he dies easily.

Add chariots. I tend to go a bit overboard on them and take 4. This is much but it does the job. 2 is the minimum. The HE lack the killing power to win combats decisively. Charge with a unit of infantry and 2 chariots and they will break most anything. Infantry providing static combat res and chariots providing the kills.

Add 2 big blocks of infantry. With that I mean 2 units of 20+ spears or a unit of 20+ spears and a unit of 18+ swordmasters.

Add 2 units 5 heavy cav with musicians only (silver helms or DP) for flanking.

And finally 2 eagles and 2 RTB's. If you aren't sure about the eagles take 4 eagles and no RTB's. Eagles will win every game for you and an experienced player will know this and will try and take em out fast.

This is different from your average HE army. It is fairly combat heavy (as far as HE can be) and allows you to play aggressive. The chariots will allow you to charge and win combats.

Trust me an aggresive HE force will take many a opponent by suprise.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Helion View Post
    im having trouble making a good balenced high elf army any sugestions???
    Right, a few points for future reference, particularly when creating an army or asking for advice:

1. Tell us what you want to do. It's no good just saying you want an army - Do you want a fast army? A defensive army? One themed around a particular region or unit? We can help you much better if you fill in little bits like this.

2. Create your own list. Write it, post it, get feedback. This links to point 1, and also means we can give you more specific feedback on your army.

3. Keep on telling us your ideas. Don't expect to get the "right" army list immediately - not only does it take some work making the list, but also testing it out on the tabletop.

4. Take time with your post, it's riddled with spelling errors and excessive numbers of question marks, try:

Quote Originally Posted by How it should look
    I'm having trouble making a good balanced high elf army. Any suggestions?
    People appreciate it if you take your time. You'll get more feedback if your post looks intelligent. If you don't put the effort in, chances are no one else will want to, either.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the 2150 army. I have come up with

Prince 277
    POH
    Dragon Armour
    Shield
    Helm of Fortune
    Amulet of Fire
    Amulet of the Purifying Flame
    Blade of Sea Gold
    Longbow
    Elven Steed (with ilthimar barding)

Korhil 180

Mage 180
    L2
    Dispel Scroll
    Channeller
    Silver Wand
    Talisman of Protection

Mage
    L2
    Dispel Scroll 180
    Seer

CORE
    Spearman X35 415
    Full Command

Archers X10
    Light Armour 130

Archers X10 130
    Light Armour

Silver Helms X5 150
    Heavy Armour
    Shield
    Full Command

Dragon Princes X5
    Full Command
    Banner of Arcane Protection

RBT

RBT

White Lions X19 307
    Full Command
    Lion Standard

TOTAL POINTS 2149
    Last edited by DavidWC09; December 16th, 2006 at 07:37.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

*High Elf Mage DavidHE04 uses Book of Moveth and shifts lists to appropriate shrine.* :spell:

Also, some point totals removed as they reveal per unit costs.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the spearmen division in my opinion is too large, 20 at the max with elves. split it up to 2 units of 15 or 20. you got a lot of archers.
    insert funny, witty, or wise quote here.

chaos army
    5/1/2

necron army
    W/T/L
    29/6/8

+ Reply to Thread