Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
EDIT: Some point totals removed to respect GW copyright. ~DavidVC04
I made a basic army list, (made of the few boxes of stuff I got for christmas) but the characters are almost all at max points (idk but in 40k its usually a waste), well here come the list:
1) Prince w/ Dragon armour, steed, barding,Reaver bow, Golden crown, and sword of battle (259pts)
1) Mage w/ level 2, seer, and silver wand (170pts)
2) Mage w/ lvl 2, steed, barding, seer, channeler, and silver wand (206pts)
3) Commander w/ great weapon, longbow, dragon armour, and lion guard
1) Archers (16) w/ Light armour, Musician, standard bearer, and champion (238pts)
2) Spearmen (15) w/ Musician, standard bearer, and champion (195pts)
3) Silver Helms ( w/ Musician, standard bearer, and champion (203pts)
1) White Lions w/ Musician, standard bearer, lion standard, champion, and helm of fortune (293pts)
1) Repeater bolt throwers (2)
2) Repeater bolt thrower
I think you need more infantry blocks personally.
It's a pity spears are so expensive, but they are a great defensive unit, especially if the battle standard is near by.
(><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!
yes high elf spearelves are the only spearmen that can fight in three ranks, so you still get two ranks when you charge.
chop down the archers to 10, and get more spearmen with the extra points.
if your going to buy something, i suggest more spearmen.
BOW TO ME!!!
just my opinion, but HE or any str3 shooting doesn't do much in warhammer. Maybe it does in 40k. The archers and the Reaver bow in my opinion, won't make up their points.
I would make sure your Prince/commander has a good armor save and ward if you can afford it (put them on a horse, Dragon armor, shield, helm or vambraces) and give them a weapon to do some damage. (usually I try to beef up their weak strength.)
You will want to make your blocks of infantry bigger to get the rank bonus.
Watch out for putting too many banners out there. they are 100 pts each if captured.
Your may have to change your prince's gear a bit; I don't think you can have two magic weapons in 7th ed., even if they are different (ie sword and bow). Irritating, I know.
The small infantry units others have commented on are the result of spending too many points in chars. While chars are the most fun to make and are individually powerful, you do need bodies on the field. You're allocating your points about 40%/60% nobles/troops. I try to keep it closer to 30/70. That will free up the points to flesh out your units.