1k point high elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

1k point high elves

Ok, so I hear high elves are getting redone soon, I was pretty happy with the army book when I played so its really not a big deal, though plastic swordmasters would rock!

Other then that here is a 1k list I started painting when I have some free time, as long as its cold out at least. (Warm weather the car comes first, heh)

Comander- 137 points
    Dragon Armor, Barded Steed, Helm of Fortune, Sword of Might, Lance, shield.
    Hes a little expesive, but Hell, a 1+ rerollable armor save? Sign me up.
    Debating ditching the sword for a halberd or GW to free up some points, opinions?

Mage- 135 poinrs
    Level 1, channeler, ring of fury.
    Ok, so 1 guaranteed fury of Khaine, plus whatever other spell I get can be cast on my 3 dice. (Or if nothing useful, drain magic)

19 spearmen- 239 points
    Mage goes here

5 Silverhelms- 122
    Mucisian, Commander goes here

15 swordmasters- 240
    Full command, Bladelord with Amulet of Purifying flame.

Chariot- 85
    I know they are better in pairs, but if my chariot can charge the front, and the SHs the flank thats probably one broken unit.

Should come out to 1008 points, I will mess around with the commanders equipment to get the points down to 1000 or below. But the list as a whole, yay or nay?

Last edited by DavidWC09; January 10th, 2007 at 00:30. Reason: remove points cost

He's coming for you...

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Looks like a solid army, but i think you will have problems against shooting and magic. 3 dispel dices and no dispels scroll. :s

I would replace ring of fury with a dispel scroll or maybe two if you play vs a race who use a lot of magic. Drop the dragon armour and replace it with heavy armour.

I personally love eagles and I would change the chariot to an eagle. I think eagles will help you more than a chariot because if he got a war machine you really need to destroy it quickly.

Then you got 19p left then you could give a war banner to your swordmaster etc.

Hope it helps
    Last edited by Starchicken; January 4th, 2007 at 19:39.

Master of the Ravenwing Anacron's Avatar
    Wakefield, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

39 (x2)

You can't use a magic weapon and a normal weapon. Only Bretonnians can do that; your commander's lance is useless as he will never be able to use it. I would abandon the SoM entirely, just a lance is perfectly fine for him.

Your unit of swordmasters is a huge points sink for a game of this size, and I can guarantee opponents will take it out fast. I would cut it down to perhaps 10 or 12, and use the points from this (and the sword) for another chariot or another eagle.

+ Reply to Thread