1500pt HE list vs Lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt HE list vs Lizardmen

Ok, one of my friends (and longtime Warhammer rivals) is an avid Lizardmen collector, but somehow he always manages to pull out a win over the (obviously) superior High Elves. He normally takes plenty of Saurus, a small unit of Saurus Cavalry, 1-2 Skink Priests taking the obvious Lore of the Heavens (which makes it very tricky to hide from, confounded Uranons Thunderbolt!), and just enough Skinks not to put a significant dent in his point cost, but enough of them to kill a Bolt Thrower crew if I take one.

So, here's a go at a list that will give him a run for his money

Mage
    Lvl. 2

8 Silver Helms
    Heavy Armor, Shields, Full Command

8 Silver Helms

16 Spearmen
    Full Command

16 Swordsmasters
    Full Command

Total: roughly 1500 pts

Any comments and/or help would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Tell him to take skinks and he'll wipe the floor with your blood. I played lizzies last night and he destroyed me with skinks and salamanders. I never got a charge off until I only had 3 guys left from a 25 guy squad. I'm a little bitter. My only question is, why are you taking 8 silver helms? Are you running them 6 wide with 2 in the back? You could split those and have 3 units of silver helms. The way to win is not by getting into a slogging match though. After the first turn, he'll have all the advantage. Str3 against T4 and a 5+save is not a great match up. Lizardmen don't break very often bc they roll 3 dice. You'll have to get a flank attack everytime to get anything done with silver helms. Maybe frontal attack with spears and swordmasters and then flank with silverhelms. If you're using the silver helms for flanks, then you can drop the full command and buy more spears and swordmasters. Try to get that extra rank bonus, it may be the difference in you running or pursueing.

Mage
    Lvl. 2

8 Silver Helms

8 Silver Helms

16 Spearmen
    Full Command

16 Swordsmasters
    Full Command

Total: roughly 1500 pts

+ Reply to Thread