2150 points of elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2150 points of elves

Hey. Many of you know that I have posted a Dwarf army list awhile ago and I was to play as them over the Elves. However, due to some family problems with money :hmm:, i had to sell my Dwarfs to help pay for a bill. i have gone back to my High Elf Army and with some friends help, was able to correct my mistakes with my old army list and make one that actually did a lot better then before, and since the High Elves are being redone, I decided to stay as them and if most of the rumors of true I cant wait.

Lords/Heros:
    *Prince:234 points
    -w/GW,Sheild,Armor of Gods,Swordmaster,Guardian Phoenix
    *Mage:175 points
    -w/Lvl. 2,Jewel of Dusk,,Dispel Scroll,channler
    *Mage:180 points
    -w/Lvl. 2,(2x)Dispel Scroll,channler

Core Units:
    *(16x) Spearmen:206 points
    -w/FC, (13x)Spears
    *(16x)Spearmen:206 points
    -w/FC, (13x)Spears
    *(10x) Archers:120 points
    -w/Bows
    *(8x) SilverHelms:219 points
    -w/FC, (5x)helms
    *(8x) SilverHelms:219 points
    -w/FC, (5x)helms

Speacial Units:
    *(14x) Swordmasters:257 points (w/Prince)
    -w/Blademaster w/SOB,Musician,standard bearer w/lion standard,(11x)swords
    *(5x) Reavers:127 points
    -w/(1x)musician,Spears,Bows

Rare Units:
    *(2x)Bolt Throwers:200 points

-Total:2143 points

NOTE: I do plan on most likely removing the bows off of the reavers until I can get more spearmen models.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

*Prince:234 points
    -w/GW,Sheild,Armor of Gods,Swordmaster,Guardian Phoenix
    *Mage:175 points
    -w/Lvl. 2,Jewel of Dusk,,Dispel Scroll,channler
    *Mage:180 points
    -w/Lvl. 2,(2x)Dispel Scroll,channler
    You can drop the shield onthe Prince since it doesn't improve upon the AoftheG 3+. You might consider dropping the channeler and getting another scroll for defense, You aren't picking your spells with the Seer, so being able to throw 4 dice at possibly a spell you don't like or that only requires a 5 to get off. Otherwise, this is a nice combo.
    Core Units:
    *(16x) Spearmen:206 points Not sure what this is, 13 or 16 spears, be careful with your mages here.-w/FC, (13x)Spears
    *(16x)Spearmen:206 points
    -w/FC, (13x)Spears
    *(10x) Archers:120 points you could hold on to these and wait for the new book to come out and just get used to playing with the archers. I personally, just don't like str3 shooting.
    -w/Bows
    *(8x) SilverHelms:219 points I don't like Silver helms with a standard or champion because by themselves, I don't expect them to break anything except fast cav. And if you lose, you could drop victory points for the standard.
    -w/FC, (5x)helms
    I love the swordmasters, Reavers are pricey for fast cav in my opinion. You may want to squeeze some great eagles in if you ahve te points. By dropping a few standards/commands you should be able to bolster some of the units or maybe get another commander to add some bite to one of the spears. Or you could mount the wizards and give them a 5+save. It would be nice to have another commander with a bound item Ring of Corin/Fury. Mount him, Dgn Armor Shld, sword of might or something like that
    Last edited by buckero0; March 19th, 2007 at 21:28.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

This is actually quite simular to a small army I was running at one point in the dim and distant past. (Before mad experiments with all shadow warrior special choice armies overtook me) I have the following suggestions.

1) Drop the Silver Helm units to 6 strong with full armour and just a musician. Use them as a flank attack, or to rile the enemy.
    2) Drop the spearmen to 15 stronf and 14 strong, placing one of the mages in that 14 strong unit.
    3) Change the mage configurations to the following:

Mage Lv2: 170pts (With archers and high magic)
    Seer
    Silver Wand

Mage Lv2: 180pts (With Spearmen and any magic)
    Dispel Scroll
    Ring of Fury

This will help you increase the effectiveness of the archers and bolt throwers with curse of arrow attraction

4) Drop the reavers

This leaves you 329 points. I would spend this on the following:

a) 2 great eagles
    b) Bolster the Spearmen units to 19 and 20 strong respectively

and either

c) Get a unit of 8 Shadow warriors to harrass enemy light cavalry and just be a general nuisence
    d) Get 5 more Swordmasters. Give them the banner of sorcery and move the lion standard to the spearmen unit with then mage in.

This will improve you army in my humble opinion. I hope it helps :ninja:
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I took many dispel scrolls is that I tend to face enimies with a lot of magic attacks, but I will connsider changing the items that they have. I am curently not able to change the army list much at all because thats all of the models I have and I do not have any money at the moment , so its going to be awhile and this list has done fairly well for the time being until I can get some money saved up. The Silver Helms are ment to support the spearmen and the champion and standard has payed off for me in the past and an extra strength 5 attack on the carge has proven useful. And a quick question. The Armor of Gods gives me a 3+ armor save, but can i still add a sheild and increase it to a 2+ save? Because I was told that thats is what would happen and it says it cant be used with other armor, not sheilds.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelMendez445 View Post
    The Armor of Gods gives me a 3+ armor save, but can i still add a sheild and increase it to a 2+ save? Because I was told that thats is what would happen and it says it cant be used with other armor, not sheilds.
    If you read the rules on Armor of the Gods, it states that the armor canNOT be improved above a 3+ and the wearer has to be on foot. So adding a shield or anything else, he's still got a 3+Armor Save. Armor of the Gods and Swordmaster is a nice combo though. That's the only way to get Str 7 in the High Elf army. You can find the rules under the Albion/DoW stuff on their website.

I don't have a problem going magic defensive with the scrolls.

A good opponent would let you use your archers as shadow warriors if you wanted. We substitute all different kinds of models to help try different army lists. You could ask the people you play if they would let you.

+ Reply to Thread