1000 point (Newb List) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

1000 point (Newb List)

This is going to be my very first list for the warhammer high elves, so I just want to get a rough outline of what I do and dont need.

The following is a defensive force since my opponent is usually playing Ogre Kingdom and CC oriented Chaos. I searched some threads and read over the previous suggestions made to others and thus came up with thefollowing...

HQ (12(162) respectively
    • Commander - Sword, Dragon Armor, Shield, Blessed Tome, Helm Of Fortune, Pure Heart
    *Joins the swormasters, making them Ld10 and staying fairly survivable.
    • Mage - Barbed Elven Steed, Seer, Channeller, Silver Wand
    *Joins the silver Helms

CORE (165)(144) respectively
    • 5 Silver Helms - Swords, Lances, Shields, Heavy Armor, Musician, Champion, Standard bearer, Banner Of Ellyrion
    *Move through difficult terrain near the blocking swordmasters to charge in in last second
    • 12 Archers
    *Stay behind the swordmasters and shoot

SPECIAL (303)
    • 20 Swordmasters – Great Swords, Swords, Heavy Armor, Musician, Standard bearer, Lion Standard
    *Formation 7by3, with the commander joining them making em Ld10, immune to fear/terror

RARE
    • RBT

As for the strategy...

The lord joins the swordmasters and them become an imovable shield of Ld10 units all immune to fear and terror. They are deployed next to difficult terrain where the silver helms will sit and wait to charge out in the last second.
    The archers stand in a 6by2 formation behind them, while RBT is behind the archers
    The mage joins silverhelms, constantly firing carefuly chosen spells while sitting in difficult terrain and waiting to countercharge the enemy once the come close to the swordmasters while at the same time staying safe out of CC due to terrain.

All suggestions are welcome...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I quite like this list. The only thing I would say is that, unless you have a hill, the archers cannot fire in two ranks, so you may be better served having one long rank of 12.

You may also consider dropping 2 of those archers, the channeler honour and steed from the mage, and the blessed tome from the commander, and getting in it's place the blessed tome for the leader of the swordmasters, 1 more silver helm and the armour of the gods and a halberd, instead of the helm of fortune and the shield for the commander.

I hope this helps

:ninja: out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What spells do you plan on taking? It seems to me that channeler + silver wand won't be as useful as Jewel of Dusk. Unless you plan on castin Flames with 4 power every single round :/ With the Jewel + Seer you could go for 2 dice Curse and 3 dice Fury of Khaine or sth like that.
    "Farewell friend, for I was a thousand times more evil than though..." -=Michael Moorcock "Stormbringer"=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

consider putting the commander on a horse. Then you can drop 1 swordmaster for the points and give your commander the lionguard honor. Then you have a LD 9 unit that is immune to fear and terror and that is stubborn. Pretty good I would say. Plus the commander will be harder to kill and if you need him to you can charge him out of the unit with 18" charge.

Commanders are only LD 9 not 10.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
    consider putting the commander on a horse. Then you can drop 1 swordmaster for the points and give your commander the lionguard honor. Then you have a LD 9 unit that is immune to fear and terror and that is stubborn. Pretty good I would say. Plus the commander will be harder to kill and if you need him to you can charge him out of the unit with 18" charge.

Commanders are only LD 9 not 10.
    yea but the tome makes him 10 along with the unit he joins, so they are immune to panic, fear and terror. As for the horse, can I keep a mounted hero in an infantry unit?

But I will however drop the 2 extra archers, I figure they arent worth their points anyway. Just need at least something to pin the enemy down from distance.

Do you think it would be smart to just make him a swordmaster so he could go along with the unit at the same level of strengths?

What is armor of the gods? I cant find it in the codex...
    Last edited by WraithGuardian; May 1st, 2007 at 05:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WraithGuardian View Post
    What is armor of the gods? I cant find it in the codex...
    The AoG was an item aquired by the HE after the Albion campaign a few years back.
    You should try the search button, this question has been asked countless times before, the link should still be around.

Oh and a little side note, don't take this badly but it's army books, codex is for 40k

WraithGuardian, about you're list.
    It looks quite good, but as said before i would take the JoD, it is a great item to have.
    Other than that, i would put the mage in the archer unit. Having him running around on a horse is too dangerous, let alone having him joining SH and get in CC.

The commander looks good but i always use the Guarding phoenix, sword of battle, Dragon armour, shield.
    this gives him very good protection and he can dish out with 4 attacks.

Hope this helps
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

+ Reply to Thread