Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
By now people probably know that I love playing around with different ways of setting up HE. I cameup with a fairly good list, or so I think, to be good in both magic and offensive capability. Dont mind ethalion, everyone at GW will let me use him.
- Ethalion (255)
- Mage - Lvl 2, Seer, channeler, Silver wand (180)
- Mage - Scroll, Ring Of Fury (145)
- 24 Spearmen - musician, standard bearer, War banner (302)
- 6 Silver Helms - Shields, H. Armor, FCC (173)
- 10 Archers
- 6 Dragon Princes - FCC (201)
- 17 Swordmasters - FCC (251)
- 10 Shadow Warriors (150)
- 2 Eagles
I am really looking forward to hearing some opinions, as best 2k list will be my plan for which models I still will need to buy. Any help is apreciated
For some reason, this list looks really small for 2000 points..
Why have you got a unit of 10 shadow warriors? Unless you are going to put a mage with them to give him 'look out sir', I would definitely either reduce them to 5/6 or split them into two units if you really want that many.
Other unit sizes and equipment looks pretty good. If you are going to use eltharion, you really should make use of the no 0-1 restriction on swordmasters though.. Otherwise you might as well just make your own prince, at least you can have a better save, and at best you can have a more effective character.
I like the list. The shadow warriors aren't worth their points in my opinion but that's just me. I would take 2 chariots instead.
But overall it's a nice list.
If memory serves Ethalion is a use only with you opponents permission character now, so if this list is going to any tournies, its going to be illegal most likely. Also, like a few other people have mentioned...it just seems...small for 2k.
Also, your list has only 5 power dice and 1 bound spell. Against the average army (4-6 DD, 2-4 Scrolls) your going to get at best 1 spell off per turn, maybe get the ring if he gets a bad dispel roll. Against Dwarves, you might get 1 spell off the entire game.
That being said either make both mages level 2, kit them out to go offensive magic, and get the banner of sorcery on your Dragon Princes. Or, drop them both down to level 1 give them some scrolls and beef up some other units with the points you saved. Personally I favor the former, but 'tis up to you.
I took all the given suggestions into consideration and have done some massive reworking on this list. I think this one will seem "big enough" in terms of 2k points. Here goes nothing
- Prince – Sword Master, Pure Heart, Dragon Armor , Shield, Vambraces Of Defense (224)
- Elf Mage – Level 2, Ring Of Fury, Dispel Scroll (180)
- Elf Mage – Ring Of Corin (130)
- 22 Spearmen – Full Command (272)
- 22 Spearmen – Full Command (272)
- 6 Silver Helms - Shields, Heavy Armor, Full Command (173)
- 6 Dragon Princes - Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner Of Sorcery (233)
- 17 Sword Masters – Full Command, Dispel Scroll (271)
- 7 Shadow Warriors (105)
- Great Eagle
- Repeater Bolt Thrower
5 +d3 Power dice
2 bound rings
4 dispel dice
I figured I would dispel only the spells that are a real threat to me, and at the same time keep the enemy busy dispeling the bound rings. Yes, they only take 1 dispel dice, but hey there is a 50% chance he will fail.
Last edited by WraithGuardian; May 10th, 2007 at 01:08.
Just a couple of quick points.
1) The bladelord of the swordmasters cannot take a dispel scroll as no-one apart from mages can carry arcane items.
2) Put the banner of sorcery on the swordmasters. They will last longer than the Dragon Princes.
3) Drop the Standard from the Dragon Princes, and all but the musician from the Silver Helms. There is little point having easily capturable standards on those units.
4) I would change the format of your prince to the following:
Armour of the Gods
5) With your remaining points increase the spearmen units to 24 strong (25 with a mage at the front), and the swordmasters to 19 strong (20 with the prince at the front)
I hope this helps
A dispel scrol is just a magic item and it says that he can choose up to 25 pointsof magic items thus he can take it unless I am misign something.
Oh and I forgot he cant take the shield since sword is 2 handed...ooops
As for the prince, should I give him a Helm Of Fortune to further boost his armor save and let him reroll???
Last edited by WraithGuardian; May 10th, 2007 at 13:04.
Armour of the Gods cannot be taken in conjunction with any other armour, so no. And the rules for arcane items only being taken by mages is in the BRB (can't find page at the mo at work).