Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Attempt at a balanced Asur army list for Games Day LA (August 11, 2007; 1500pt limit). I have modified it some from the original version to reduce my points in characters and sort out magic items. One idea for a modification here that I had is to remove 1 RBT and replace it with a Battle Standard Bearer to ride with the Silver Helms, which would then be reduced to a unit of 5. Thoughts?
* Mage (Level 2), Channeler, Seer, Silver Wand (180)
* Commander, Pure of Heart, Heavy Armor, Spear, Dragonscale Shield, Ring of Fury, Rides Chariot (12
Total: 308 (21.9%)
* 18 Spearmen w/Standard, Music, First Among Equals w/Lion Standard (241)
* 17 Spearmen w/Standard, Music (205)
* 6 Silver Helms, Heavy Armor, Shields (13
Total: 584 (38.9%)
* 1 Tiranoc Chariot (85)
* 6 Shadow Warriors (90)
* 15 Swordmasters w/Bladelord, Blessed Tome (232)
Total: 407 (27.1%)
* 2 Repeater Bolt Throwers (200)
Total: 200 (13.3%)
Grand Total: [1499 pts]
Last edited by TheGeminiKiller; July 3rd, 2007 at 23:15.
The list looks good. A solid core of troops, some magic for both defence, and maybe offence if you get the chance. And then you have flankers and scouts, as well as some shooting.
The only thing that worries me is that you are taking your best leadership characteristic out of the centre of the army, and although you have the blessed tome, this may hurt you, especially if the enemy has a cannon. Perhaps you could drop him onto foot and give him the armour of the gods, a halberd and put him in with the swordmasters?
New LOChat functions now avaliable.
Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here