2000p Balanced/low heroes/low magic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

2000p Balanced/low heroes/low magic

Hey, I played warhammer when the 5:th edition was out, and a bit when the 6:th was released. To make things short, I've decided to give it a go again, and try to build a good balanced list.

lv 1
    Annulian Crystal, Channeler, Pure of Heart

10 Archers (mage goes here)

20 Spearmen
    Full Command

20 Spearmen
    Full Command

16 Swordmasters
    Full command
    Blessed Tome

5 Dragon Princes
    Full Command
    Standard of Balance

5 First Silver Helms
    Full command
    Banner of Elyrion

5 Silver Helms

2 Chariots

2 Great Eagles

2 Repeter Bolt throwers

Sums to 1998 points

So, I use the eagles to block and maybe kill warmachines and mages.
    The blocks get support by the helms, the princes and the chariots, and the Repeter Bolt throwers try to kill fast cavalery, lone characters, support units and other annoyings things.

Banner of balance is mainly to break stubborn units, but dropping it and maybe someting else for a unit of reavers would be nice imo.

Oh, even tho I build it to be good against most things, my main opponents will be Wood Elf, VC and Brets.

So, suggestions for changes and such would be nice.
    Or any pointers whatsoever.

2. Remove Advertisements

LO Zealot
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

Although this isn't Herohammer (as the 5th edition was sometimes called) you may want to add acouple of more characters. For one, in this point level, you will be out-magicked. You don't even have a dispel scroll on your mage. Everyone starts with base 2 dispel dice so there is a good chance you will never get a spell off. You will only get 3 dispel dice. In the standard VC list there are at least 3 magic users with an average of 8 power dice. Wood elves can also bring a lot of magic. I'm not saying that you need to go all out, but a fighting character would also help since you're always going to be outnumbered and elves are dainty and usually only strength 3. If you just want magic protection, lvl1 mage with 2 dispel scrolls is more cost effective. If you're playing Brets, you'll want something that can open up their armor, either a strong weapon or no armor save weapon Both of which we have.

Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Ya, you need more heroes. At the least some magic defense. You could be burned alive by enemy spells.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread