Uber killy hero for 115pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uber killy hero for 115pts

Hi, I have been collecting high elves 4 about 2 months now and I created an awesome uber hero to be backed up by mages. Get high elf noble, give him radient gem of hoeth and select lore of beasts. Auto select bears anger and cast it on himself. he now has 6 strength 6 attacks and a toughness of 5.

Itsh kickash. He single handedly klled of a orc warlord worth 160pts in a single turn.

If you want a killer uber hero for more points(anti multi wound creatures, dragons, lords etc) is give prince swordmaster honour and blade of leaping gold. Gives him 7 attacks at killing blow. in hero tourney he won and no one got a blow against him.

Feedback much appreciated

p.s. is this powergaming?8X

Last edited by Skarsgard; November 11th, 2007 at 22:34. Reason: Capitals are a great thing. Please use them ~Skar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You still have to be able to cast the spell... even an army without mages could easily dispel it with the 2 standard dice. But it's nice but I'll stick with a JSOD :C (Jaguar Saurus of DOOM if you don't know it yet, check out the lizardmen forum for more info)

If you use the Swordmaster Honour then you are using a great weapon and can't use any magic weapons. So no Blade of Leaping Gold I'm affraid...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimloklordofsocks View Post
    if you want a killer uber hero for more points(anti multi wound creatures, dragons, lords etc) is give prince swordmaster honour and blade of leaping gold. gives him 7 attacks at killing blow. in hero tourney he won and no one got a blow against him.

feed back much appreciated

p.s. is this powergaming?8X

Um, this isn't powergaming becuase it is cheating. If you read the discription of the Swordmaster honour it says that the user cannot take a magic weapon, otherwise it would be sick. Also, the Bears anger only adds +1 Toughness so he is T4 not T5.

Going back to your point about the hero, this is a good tactic, but be careful not to use him too rashly as plenty of things can still kill him, try putting him on a horse for increased manouverability (or an eagle, i can't remember if commanders can ride eagles or not). You may also find that this idea works well with mages and other rubbish combat characters.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

but then he can't cast the Bear's Anger on himself. He has to be on foot.

This just isn't that great of tactic. why alot of veteran players would love to have you come charging in with your prince trying to cast this, and then kill your prince with core units because it is so simple to dispel.

Then your prince has no defense for himself either, because he doesn't have points for decent armor or a ward save. I personally think the radiant gem of hoeth is silly, because if you want a magic user, get a magic user, don't mix the two or you'll get something that is neither good at fighting nor good at casting magic.

The reality is that most armies have decent magic defense themselves, and won't let these type of spells go off (same with the Fire Sword of Rhuin)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

Well, if you get a commander and give him barded horse, heavy armour, shield, lance, then he is cheap, got a 2+ save and good in combat, plus has 50 points of magic equipment spare to take......... Radiant gem! That is where I find it useful.

Blade of leaping gold and armour of the gods is a good and legal combo instead of the above lord. Very fragile, but 7 s5 attacks. Or swordmaster honour and armour of the gods if you have tougher opponents. 4 s7 attacks. Bears anger is pretty cool for a commander though.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not played High Elves for a while, but I used Prince with the Armor of the Gods with a halberd and the item that gave you a reroll AS and a ward save. I think it was a (AS3) rerollable, (WS4 or 5) and (S6) striking in (I6 or 7) order.

It worked well most of the time.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

not that it matters much, because the new book is coming out on Saturday, but if you can get an armor save and a decent ward save, then you are better off. The ward save is basically a re-rollable that doesn't disappear when hit with a str 7 attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I always ran a prince with the radiant gem and armor of the gods. a great weapon and a talisman of saphery.

1 extra dispel dice - 3+ AS 6+ WS and 4 STR 7 attacks. Get the bears anger off and he has 7 str 7 attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used the good old AoG, Guarding Phoenix and SM skill. He has killed a lot in his days.
    I think i'll use the Armour of caledor, the vambraces, a simple GW and the amulet of light in the new edition. Good killing power and he can survive a lot. Not to mention he enhances his unit. Now THAT's what i call a combo.
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is bears anger a spell you can swap for. If not how are you going to get the spell? And uber hero's suck anyway. So boring and pointless. Just take a hero made for duelling and luagh at the corpse of you're enimies uber hero. Like this.
    . "Stop complaining ponce and hit stuff with yer shiny new axe"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast