An army from chrace - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

An army from chrace

I was browsing around the U.S. Games workshop high elf section on the internet a couple days ago and I came across the army lists part.

One of these lists seemed kind of interesting and I was thinking about taking the idea and then refining it a bit further. It was a 1,500 pt list called "The Woodsmen of Chrace," and it seemed kind of cool.

Anyways, it basically consisted of Korhil, a level 2 mage, 20 spearmen with the banner of Ellyrion, 10 archers, 2 units of 15 white lions, a lion chariot, and 2 bolt throwers.

So my question is, do you think the list is effective at all? I thought it was pretty cool that everything is basically a "woodsman" in the list, since the spearmen have their banner. I'm just not sure what the lvl 2 mage would be able to do on its own...

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hhmm yea i saw the lists aswell.
    IMO the army could do some nice damage.
    Personally i would use Eagles as rare. The fluf fof Charce says that they are warned of DE by the eagles. And using RBT's in a forrest.....

Anyway a single mage could hold his own though i would give him other items and stick him with the archers for protection.
    I would suggest a DS and the JoD. And then use High magic. With teh extra DS you can cast drain magic more easily and that will hamper you're opponents magic fase considerably.
    The DS is there just to be save.

I say that the list will have potential when the mage is reconfigured and there are eagles instead of RBT's.
    Knights should not be a problem due to the abundance of WL and Korhil.

Maybe use the extra points left to get a second lion chariot. Then you can use the Spearelves in the center with korhil (for the stubborn) flanked by the two chariots and besides them the lion regiments. Use the archers and mage for cover fire and the eagles to rout out warmachines.

Hope it helps.

PS. Yes the Charce theme is very cool
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

My problem is that Korhil is just not that good. They should have given him a 5+ward save and bumped up his points by 10-15, then he would be worth taking. With just a 4+save in combat, he'll die fairly easily. Otherwise, the theme is pretty cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But then hes also (relitivly) cheap and with asf he could kill most things in base contact with him, so I reckon hes still worth it. And the fluffs worth it too.
    . "Stop complaining ponce and hit stuff with yer shiny new axe"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Korhil is still rather cheap for his functions.

I mean a guy that makes a unit Ld 9 Stubborn.
    Has magical S6 attacks with KB
    ASF
    Is immune to all poisons (if this would be an item it would be expensive)
    Can walk through woods with no penalty

Okay so he has only a 4+ armour. Yes it is not great. But IMHO Korhil embodies the HE way of war.
    You get in hit and so hard that you being frail isn't a factor.

And about using his KB as a reason to go character hunting.
    No, in that case his low defense will cost him in the end. I would use him as a can (sorry i mean knight) opener
    High S and KB... thats painful.

Hope it helps
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

+ Reply to Thread