Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
#$%& I should admit myself to therapy. This thing is hell on earth to stick together!
Getting the reigns onto the driver and to the chariot crossbeam was a lot easier than I thought, GW did that pretty well with the peg holes in the floor of the chariot and stuff. But my problem is after that bit is done, getting the steeds attached to the chariot and the whole thing sitting on the base properly, ie. the bottom of the steeds flat on the base and the chariots wheels on the base.
Anyone have any tips for how to do this? I have 3 chariots so far, and they are proving among the hardest GW pieces I've ever stuck together. The part of the steed that attaches to the base is tiny, and the steeds don't stand up on their own (without glue) which makes it very hard. I finally got one chariot together ok, with only a small gap under the steed which can be filled, but one of the chariots wheels is off the ground! I'm not going to try another until I think of an easier way to do it.
I have a tip for putting together the Tiranoc chariots that really seemed to help me.
Curse and Swear at the thing very loudly and with much force. Then drop it on accident and swear some more.
Seriously though, the thing is a pain in the ass, I finally got mine done and it looks nice and proper with both wheels on the ground and the horses standing up correctly. I also used plastic glue instead of the normal glue so that it glued faster in the correct way. The normal glue takes so much longer that you sometimes move stuff out of place on accident without knowing it.
"I am the architect of fate!"
Yeah plastic glue isn't a bad idea.. It would still be a pain trying to hold the whole thing together and in the right place while it dried without gluing your hands to it.
I have a super glue accelerant, which makes it dry instantly, I could use that but it still won't help holding the bits in place until I blast it with accelerant or stopping my fingers sticking to it.
Mine's worked okay. I used polystyrene cement like I do on all plastic models. The stuff sticks brilliantly, well technically it melts/welds/wheatever the word is brilliantly.
I assembled the whole chariot with lions attached for painting but I didn't glue it down to the base or glue the crew on. When I'd done all the painting, one of the lions had a foot with rock acttached up in the air,so I had to press that down onto the base but the poly cement stuck it down fast. I also had to cut the tabs off the feet of the crewman with the ropes since the ropes wouldn't quite reach the holes they fit into, but it's okay since the crewman still covers up the holes in the chariot floor. Other than that the kit was fine.
Well, I started by gluing the body of the chariot together than the driver into the chariot with the reigns, so he fit in the tabs nicely for me. Its going to make him a bit harder to paint, but oh well.
I got my lion chariot stuck together now. It was still a bit of a pain, but I used my super glue accelerant, and wore gloves since that stuff is nasty as. It makes the super glue dry instantly, allows super glue to act as a filler, but is apparently known to cause cancer and birth defects. Whatever it takes to glue it I guess.
2 more chariots to go. The horses have their rocks a bit close to the centre, so should stand up slightly easier, I hope.