Your Character builds - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Your Character builds

Well, I was just wondering what all of your standard builds are for HE characters. Also what off the wall builds you are thinking about or have used.

I am thinking about using a prince with Shadow Armor, Ring of Fury, Sacred Incense, Great Weapon, and Longbow, to go with a unit of shadow warriors.

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I want to try an Archmage, with Folariath's Robe and Starwood staff on a Moondragon.

That or a BSB in a chariot with a Lance and Shield carrying the Battle Banner

Preferably both in the same game, they may be so confused about what to shoot/ magic to death that they don't light the fuse properly, and fumble their words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking about a prince with the white sword, ring of fury, amulet of fire, dragon armour, and a shield

for one of my swordmaster units

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Do not take the White Sword. You can just take a mundane great weapon for a hell of a lot less points and still have magic item points spare; killing blow is nice but really not worth the difference between a great weapon and the white sword.

I was thinking noble, heavy armour, barded steed, shield, star lance. He is an excellent chariot hunter. But you would probably only want to take him if you knew you were facing a lot of chariots, as far as combat effectiveness goes hes only as good as a dragon prince champion for a lot more points. So maybe switch his shield for enchanted shield and unbard the horse, so he can move faster, maybe even ride with some reavers and do a more harrasing role.

Then of course, Noble, BSB, great weapon, armour of caledor.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

The classic is still there:

Noble:
    Heavy armour, Lance
    Enchanted shield
    Reaver Bow
    Mounted on Great Eagle

Then there are these that I can think of off of the top of my head.

Mage (lvl1 or 2)
    Tricksters pendant
    Dispel scroll

Pain in the butt to any heavy magic armies, as all miscasts will be punished further.

Mage (lvl1 or 2)
    Sacred Insence
    Dispel scroll

Put in a unit of swordmasters to make them more survivable to shooting

Archmage
    Forlaith's robes
    Talisman of Saphery

Can't be touched by anything but spells and magical shooting

Prince:
    Armour of Caledor
    Vambraces of Defence
    Great weapon

This guy will hold his own in a fight, could even be put on a dragon and have a lance instead of the great weapon.

Just my thoughts

ninja out
    Last edited by gingerninja; November 23rd, 2007 at 12:59.
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan to go a Charce theme and decided to use Eltharions stats and point value as my leader but tweaked the armor and weapons to fit a charce general. Prince Aerandir: Longbow, Hvy. Armor, Axe of Kurnus, Helm of Charce, Talism of the Lion, Griffon Ironclaw.
    Last edited by ColonelMendez445; November 23rd, 2007 at 19:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will use as Prince:

-GW, Armour of caledor, vambraces of defense, amulet of light.

Could fluffwise fit Charce or SM.
    Another roption:

-GW, Reaver bow, Armour of caledor, Guardian Phoenix

Could sit in a unit firing death and still be a (little) beast in CC.

about mages i will continue to use my standard settings.

-mage with annulian crystal

-Mage with Ds and Jewel of dusk.

I might swap the crystal with the RoF since it doesn''t run out anymore.
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

kinda long- but thorough. sorry...

I have been using

Lvl 2 Dragon Mage- silver wand and ring of fury: 435pts
    other good mage items are Seerstaff, Vortex Shard, and Trickster's Pendant.

Prince on Moon Dragon- blade of seagold, helm of fortune, golden shield, dragon armor: 559pts
    OR
    Prince on Moon Dragon- sword of hoeth, enchanted shield, temakador's gauntlets, heavy armor: 626pts

Noble- BSB, barded steed, enchanted shield, ring of fury, dragon armor: 182pts

Noble mounted in a Tiranoc Chariot- great weapon, heavy armor, reaver bow, biting blade (could be made bsb if you want): 232 or 257(if bsb)

Nobles are good with any weapon or armor that a prince is good with, they just can't combine them. BSBs are also nice for nobles- I prefer to give them either the Banner of Sorcery or the Talisman of Loec.

It's good to take items like the Skiensliver and Dragon Horn on those unit-champs that have access to 25pt items. Also, a 50pt banner within a Special Choice can eliminate the need for a BSB to carry them.

Allonaire: Foliarath's Robes are only able to be worn by a model on foot- sorry, but he can't ride that dragon. But for 10more points you could give him a 4+ ward save using the Vambraces of Defense. You also cannot give a chariot-mounted character a lance. Try a great weapon. Spears are the norm, but only give +1 strength on the charge. A greatweapon gives it bonus at all times and always strikes first.

Swordmaster: Amulet of Fire makes the bearer immune to fire attacks, so you could save a few points on dragon armor and just make it heavy armor. Also, you can't use the Whitesword unless you're on foot, so like Allonaire, no dragon. Better idea would be to drop the dragon (since he's going to stick with the SM) and the whitesword, give him Armor of Caldedor and either the Sword of Hoeth of Blade of Seagold instead.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    IPrince on Moon Dragon- blade of seagold, helm of fortune, golden shield, dragon armor: 559pts
    You can't use the helm of fortune and the golden shield on the same character. Check the rulebook Magic Armour section on page 121. It has fairly complicated wording but effectively it means that a character can only have one item from the magic armour section.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
    Well, I was just wondering what all of your standard builds are for HE characters. Also what off the wall builds you are thinking about or have used.

I am thinking about using a prince with Shadow Armor, Ring of Fury, Sacred Incense, Great Weapon, and Longbow, to go with a unit of shadow warriors.
    Don't listen to Demandred. He's an online Machiavelli, a true villain. He's just after your power builds so that he can use that information against you when he plays his unstoppable Ogre Kingdom force.

Last edited by DavidWC09; November 24th, 2007 at 05:45.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast