old HE sniper - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: old HE sniper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

old HE sniper

I am seeking advice as to whether it would be cost effective in a highly defensive HE army, spearelves, RBT, tirranoc chariots and swordmasters to include the classic noble with a reaver bow heavy armour enchanted sheild and lance on an eagle. The army has 3 RBT and one other great eagle and five shaddow warriors to deal with enemy war machines, marchblock or deal with fast cavalry, would a noble so equiped enhance this type of army or are there more cost effective ways of using these points. any comment advice greatfully recieved.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a question about the Reaver Bow.
    Is it: 3 x str5 shoots per turn,
    or is it: 1 x str5 shoot per turn, in 3 consecutive turns?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reaver bow shoots 3x S5 shots per turn.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Yes- 3x shots in 1 turn. My questiong about the bow is "do we suffer -1BS for each shot fired, like the 'multiple shot' rule?"

Anyways, to answer your original question on the usefulness of this combo- i have to ask you if it was useful to you in the old version? If it was, then I would say take it- the stats and ideas haven't changed much, so go ahead and take him if he's done good in the past.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    My questiong about the bow is "do we suffer -1BS for each shot fired, like the 'multiple shot' rule?"
    I would say no. The rules of the Reaver Bow make no mention of the Multiple Shot rule. It's like the constant stream of questions that you always see asking if the RBT suffers the minus 1 modifier for its volley fire mode. It's not mentioned in the rules so it doesn't!
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't multiple shot a static -1 anyway and not -1 per shot? I think that's what he's asking.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

The multiple shot penalty doesn't apply unless it is stated in the entry for the item.

Its a -1 regardless of how many shots you fire.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Notice that under the bolt thrower description it now has a note at the bottom specifically saying it is accurate and doesn't suffer from multiple shots? There is absolutely no question for it now.

And the first line of the reaver bow says 'treat exactly like a longbow except...' and longbows don't suffer from multiple shot, so the reaver bow doesn't. If it was a reaver crossbow then maybe.

As for the original question, I believe that the eagle commander is still worth it. In your list with bolt throwers, eagles and shadow warriors it is probably best taking something else with the points though. He is usually good for fast armies, it would be better to have a noble that can support one of your units in combat or have a defensive item like the -1 to hit in shooting, or magic resistance. I think that a second eagle may also be a better option than the third bolt thrower, that way you slow your opponent down a lot more and get more turns to shoot at him. A single eagle will die easily enough from a magic missile, not that hard to kill.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

+ Reply to Thread