HE and the DOW? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HE and the DOW?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HE and the DOW?

~I believe I'm correct in thinking that the High Elves cannot take any units of Dogs of War? Even Asarnil the Dragonlord, an elf?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the previous army book we had the option of taking them as a rare choice however in the new(ish) updated army book this has been removed so unless it's an oversight I take it that the option has been taken away from us and we can no longer take them.

Of course I do believe that some options in the Dogs of War PDF does state that they are allowed as a certain option, (usually special or rare), in certain armies so maybe this would supersede it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I reckon I can answer this question.

That is you are incorect ;Y

If you follow this link.
    Games Workshop Online Store — Dogs Of War
    It says;
    Note on DoW from Gav Thorpe.
    There's a variety of reasons for removing the reference to DOW in the forthcoming army books, and these are the main ones:
    1. The rules detailing how to include DOW in an army are included in the DOW list/ articles. Therefore if you have access to those rules you have access to how they can be added to your army.
    2. We may wish to revise the way DOW work in the future, and while we continue to perpetuate the current rules for them in the army books this will be very difficult to do. Our intent is that the DOW rules, should we produce a proper supplement, will be entirely self-contained and require no references in the army books.
    Neither of these are intended as a signal that we are never going to do/ immediately going to do (delete as appropriate) a Dogs of War supplement. They are simply a sort of house-cleaning procedure that leaves us clear to evaluate and pursue the correct course of action regarding Dogs of War in the future.
    So download the Dogs of Wars Codex and field as specified. :ballon:
    However:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/tournam...-pack-2006.pdf

On page 4 of this link shows that Dogs of War are only Tournament Legal as an army of their own and not in other armies.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

yeah, so come on with the 4 giants with dragon prince lists already!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread