White Lions against Dwarves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White Lions against Dwarves

I am going to be playing my brothers shotty dwarf list. Would it be better to use white lions rather then Phoenix Guard (maybe swordmasters?) We are playing a 1250pt game.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Yeah dwafves have a high toughness and good armour save usually, white lions will be perfect. They will wound the dwaves on 2's while HE spearmen would them on 5's and he will have a -3 to his armour save which is great.

What would be a good idea is to flank a dwarve unit with a small unit of White Lions, say 6 or 7 with no banner.

If you have spearmen use 2 or 3 blocks of them and use the white lions , 2 or 3 units of 6 to flank him, you should win the game. Another thing to add is that white lions have a better save against missile fire which dwaves will have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difficult the are both good candidates.

The White Lions have the hitting power to hack through the load of dwarf armour and also have decent defense against normal missle fire.

However if you're enemy uses a lot of warmachines then PG will be better since they have a wardsave.

I would suggest a small unit of both. The PG can take more damage so would be a good center for you're line. I would use WL as mobile flank units to break up combats

Hope it helps
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has no warmachines, but uses a unit of ironbreakers. So I think the WL will be best suited for that list. Although PG are the best looking minis in the game . Thanks for the help everyone.

V

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A mage should be able to provide you're white lions with a wardsave.
    . "Stop complaining ponce and hit stuff with yer shiny new axe"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay no warmachines that's great. Then i would really Suggest WL. Combined with what pentathus said they will be able to take you're enemy on.

And another suggestion: you could consider using lore of Metal in the battle, it works wonders against heavily armoured foes.

PS.
    And yes the PG minatures are the best8X
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

As a dwarf player I would probably recommend avoiding the lore of metal actually. While it seems the logical choice you would find that dwarves only have a 4+ save against magic missiles, so the spirit of the forge spell would only be S4. The magic missile ignores armour of course, but then so does uranons thunderbolt for a lower casting value.

I would recommend looking at the lore’s of shadow and death against dwarves. Shadow provides additional movement as well as the pit of shades and in turn the lore of death can negate the high dwarven leadership as well as providing some powerful attacking spells.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I played him last night and literally destroyed him. The WL carved through his Ironbreakers in no time (kohril in group as well). His grudge thrower and cannon were taken care of by my bolt throwers. My Spearmen and Silverhelms locked his warriors into combat and held there until the WL turned around and flanked the other side. All in all I really liked the turn out but I know he will be ready the next match and there are some things I know I have to improve on alot of things. I found the silverhelms pretty useless and should be replaced with archers instead. Thanks for the help everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

This is just me, but against Dwarves I really like the new Phoneix Guard.

The ward save is tremendous, getting around that fearsome Dwarven Thunderer + Cannon Sniper line that a good dwarf player can produce.

Cost wise as well, Dwarves may have great leadership, but only a handful of their units are immune to fear and they're all fairly costly as well, so you actually have a chance to outnumber them elite to elite, and thus if you win auto-break.

Of course, S6 is hella nasty too.

To me though, anti-dwarf work falls to Phoenix Guard. Slightly less killy, but signifigantly more survivable on the way in (And often only need to beat the opposing dwarf melee unit for 1 round for the autobreak, as opposed to NonFear units needing to keep up the fight against an army with a default leadership higher then most armies heroes).
    -
    Making Sisters of Battle into Women of Battle
    -
    Give a Rep Star if you like what someone said. Especially Me. I'm an unabashed Star whore. Blame my 2nd grade teacher and those stupid good behavior stickers. I'm just conditioned. I'm the Pavlov's Dog of stars.
    -
    You win with VP, NOT with kills
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's not using war machines try taking a small flanking unit of WL. and a small unit of sword masters. the white lions for soaking up missle fire and the SM for a little punch on the front lines.
    W/L/D
    40k orks 4/1/1 2000pts
    HighElves 10/0/0 5000pts
    Vampires(building)
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\high-elves.png[/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast