Starting Fantasy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting Fantasy

Ok im a 40k player looking to start playing fantasy ( i am more a fantasy person than sci-fi anyway ) and i was thinking of collecting high elves because i like the way they look and i read some lore on them and they seem really interesting is there anyone that could help me get started on making an army ( i cannot aquire the army book for a couple of weeks anyway ) so yeah any help would be greatly appreciated

Skulls For The Skull Throne !

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Welcome to fantasy!

If you don't have the army book, there's very little help in someone making you a list or telling you important things as you won't understand much, but I reckon you have the BRB and have at least had a glance at it?

If this is true I may be able to help you, but I need to ask a question.
    What points level are you aiming at?

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

so, I almost just wrote you a HUGE post that described every unit in detail, and it's purpose. Of course, then I realized that we alread have that on the site already.

Basically, the High Elves are quick, lightly armored, and extremely good at what they do. On the other hand, just like all GW games, that means that they are highly outnumbered. Playing a High Elf army relies on lining up your attacks up so that you know you'll win early in the combat, and avoiding units that can stall you or kill your troops. Where in 40K you think from phase to phase, and change your plans on the fly- with fantasy, and especially the High Elves, you need to think several turns in advance to line up advantageous situations.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it sounds like they are very fun to play can i get a link to that page where it says what every unit does ?
    and im going to be buying the rule book and the box set and i am planning to buy the captain of the white lions but im not sure should i buy any other commander ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to herman1004 i didnt see your post stright away because it sent me to newest post yeah i wont have the rule book for some time because i want to get the army box set first and a captain so i can start playing with my friends and on the points thing me and some of my friends (well they have already) bought there armys boxes already so what ponts level would that fall under

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to spare you with another starting HE thread. So I'll ask my quick and few questions here.

What are the new HE models that were released during the re do? Does the battalion army box with the old army book Teclis on the cover have models that were not redone?

I'm unsure what models are old and new. I'm playing/buying at a game store that has a mix of old and new.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I am going to post twice, within minutes of eachother, to make things easier to follow. This first post is for Jacaran.
    The HighElves got a rolling-restart in the model line. GW never really 're-released' anything. However, some models have been updated/added. Here's the list:

-All core are still the same plastics that they were as of "teclis book" or last edition (LE from here on)

-Our Silverhelms are also still the same plastic they have always been

-Dragon Princes, Ellyrions, Shadow Warriors, Swordmasters, White Lions, Pheonix Gaurd: they're all still metal, and haven't been redone since LE

-Tirannoc Chariots, White Lion Chariots: they've been redone for this edition, and are included in the same box.

- RBTs: we have a plastic one now

-Eagles are gone, we now have to find a substitute

Dragon- has been totally revamped, and is included as both prince, and mage

Mages- we got some fresh metals, but now have the opportunity to buy them as a plastic box set

Princes/Nobles- same treatment as the mages, more metal, new plastics
    ----

The new box just as a picture of the army on the cover. The only new thing it includes is the chariot and I beleive it has the new commanders in it. The old battalion box, with actual cover ART, has none of the updated models, but only includes Spears, Archers, and Silverhelms anyways. I would not buy either box actually, unless you can part-out the chariot from the new one.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

Raltor: here's your link my friend New High Elf Tactica, by GingerNinja

If, for some reason you are Cavalry inclined, my own tactica is found here (Another Tactica DRAFT. Cavalry oriented lists) (self advertising, i know, but hey- it works)

Also- the actual GW "army box" will give you an army between 1,500 and 2,000pts. The battalion box will give you an army of about 500-750pts. I would advise against buying either box, as you will find that alot of what is included, should be thrown out.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post

-Eagles are gone, we now have to find a substitute
    There still is an eagle model, it's just that now it's direct sales only, and has been for a while. You can still get the classic great eagles from the GW website too (the UK one at least), listed under Wood Elves Classics & Collectors.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

+ Reply to Thread