NEW High Elves FAQ! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEW High Elves FAQ!

Hello all,

Whilst browsing the new GW UK site i looked up the High elves FAQ again...
    And it is different to the one published earlier this year. This one is dated october 2008, so brand new.

There is only one big change actually, the entire FAQ is the same exept for the explanation of what happens with multiple ASF models fight eachother whilst one wields a Great Weapon.

It used to say:
    "In this case the model with the Great Weapon strikes last. Effectively the two always strike first rules would cancel eachother out."

Now it says:

"When two models with the ASF rule are fighting, they will strike in descending Initiative order, rolling a dice in case of same Initiative. All other factors, such as charging,
    great weapons, etc., are ignored, because they have already been bypassed by the ASF rule. "

Thought i would share this here.

Elfwarden

PS.
    Here is a link to the FAQ page on the new site:
    Games Workshop

Last edited by elfwarden; October 15th, 2008 at 15:15. Reason: adding link
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Hmm this second FAQ actually appeared several months ago and was discussed. I'm not sure why it is dated october 08 now, maybe it is only just hitting websites in most countries. If that is the only change that is.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is weird indeed.
    Owell we are talking about GW here

Elfwarden
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

It was at GW Canada that it first appeared and at the time the FAQ's were different at different websites.

It made me laugh, I think that assasin's were a big part of them rethinking their decision, they wanted assasin's to strike before everyone but Tyrion so gave him initiative 10 and ASF but their FAQ messed him up a bit when playing HE.

By the way I hate assasins, their 5 to 7 attacks wreck havoc with our soft fast troops, and their hiddenness makes me do stupid things when I think they are in an army.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allonairre View Post
    It was at GW Canada that it first appeared and at the time the FAQ's were different at different websites.

It made me laugh, I think that assasin's were a big part of them rethinking their decision, they wanted assasin's to strike before everyone but Tyrion so gave him initiative 10 and ASF but their FAQ messed him up a bit when playing HE.

By the way I hate assasins, their 5 to 7 attacks wreck havoc with our soft fast troops, and their hiddenness makes me do stupid things when I think they are in an army.
    But yes that is the Canada fAQ is the one i compared this "new" one to.

Aaah the only reason i would aver play our dark kin... assasins
    They are very evil but it is best to ignore them in my experience. Stick to you're battle plan and don't let a assasin ruin it, how difficult it may be.

Hope it helps

Elfwarden

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

This has been around for several months, as Strewart indicated, we got hold of it on the GW Canada webs-ite dated, I believe August 2008. What it does is clarify the ASF rule in regards to the rulebook. If the rulebook had given the same examples, then there would be no issue...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was on the GW website? Please tell me where! I can't find ANYTHING on their new website...

+ Reply to Thread