Left over Greenstuff for High Elves. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left over Greenstuff for High Elves.

What do you do with your leftover greenstuff for your High Elves? I'de love to hear what you do!

PS. Just how long does greenstuff last while the plastic is still on it?

PPS. I use mine to create hills it looks really cool on my chaos championthe horses front legs are rearing and I put spikes underneither his rearing legs!

Thanks Dark Sun!

Help my dragon grow! pfft dont bother anymore he died since he didnt get enough clicks >:(

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

I tend to use mine to sculpt little extra details like chains, jewels, runes, or I sometimes mould on a design onto a shield. I also use it on plastic models to fill out the base (basically weiging the model down a bit more) to help with the "feel" of the model. As I have so many metal SIlver Helms and other cavalry like Dragon Princes, I like them all to be heavy, so spare metal tabs get stuck into teh bases of plastic models using green stuff (or Grey stuff which is what I use, which I find takes detail better than greenstuff :-) )

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

that's what I use to make the fur lining around their coats and hats. Merry Christmas! HE HE HE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Kithre, I love metal models too the weight of them makes them feel so powerful. lol

PS. Does anyone know how long greenstuff lasts in the packet with masking tape over the edges and the plastic lining still on it?

Help my dragon grow! pfft dont bother anymore he died since he didnt get enough clicks >:(

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

It lasts a fair while, I still have some that is a couple of years old. However, you should aim to cut away the bit where the yellow meets the blue, as this will be cured, and hence will not mix in with the rest of the greenstuff well.

And yeah, metal models just feel that much "pointier" :-)

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I don't like metal models personally, most of my army is made of plastic so...
    you can guess what I do with my greenstuff: conversions!

I use it like Kithre- for shield emblems and also for chains or fur. I can pick up alot of extra details and make my guys look unique just by tossing a little bit of green into the mix.

I think my current best is a model built specifically for a campaign. I needed a seaguard themed commander, with a bow and a greatweapon. I used wood-elf parts for his arms, so that they're unarmored, and the bow is a little more detailed. I used an old, shaved-down skeleton torso for the base of his breastplate, adding a fine layer of gs and sculpting some detail into it. I stuck it all on archer legs, used a GS sash to cover the seam, gave him a flowing cape, added some plastic bits and called it a day. He looks fantastic, and everyone asks where I found a model with such a natural pose.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Excess I make into balls, and when it hardens it makes good tops for mushrooms when you cut the balls in half. Mushrooms are fun on goblin bases. Otherwise I just root around with it.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

+ Reply to Thread