Taking on Ogre Kingdom between 500 ~ 1000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking on Ogre Kingdom between 500 ~ 1000 points

How do I handle with the ogres with my High elf army in 500 to 1000? Last time I lost when I was playing with the ogre player.
    Thanks for replying.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Not sure what your army composition is, but 2 things - 1

1) Don't allow Ogres to charge you as the impact hits negate your ASF.

2) Fear tests will cause significant problems especially if you have small units. Ensure that your units outnumber the Ogres, and deploy Phoenix Guard - they have a decent ward, can wound Ogres on 4s, can come in a reasonably good ranked-up unit, and causing Fear, they don't run "automatically".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big units of spearmen and Archers are the key, If you can charge some Ogres with Spearmen you'lle almost certainly win combat. Remember Ogres cant take missle fire either, pin them down with arrows and you'lle be right. Remember Ogres also have very high movement so be wary on where you place your troops. Also you can probably beat him in the magic department so be sure to bring 1 high level mage.

Help my dragon grow! pfft dont bother anymore he died since he didnt get enough clicks >:(

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They get their impact its off if they charge more than half their charge range. So just make sure you are under 6 inches when setting up his chargers...Spears are fantastic against them, and swordmasters as well...just be careful of Lead Belchers, they are nasty against elves.

+ Reply to Thread