questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

questions

I have been on this forum for sometime and I have read nearly everything I can. With all that said I have heard no one discuss the magical armour called armour of heroes. What does any see about the pluses or downside for this item. I thank you for all your input ahead of time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

its probably best equipped to a prince on a dragon as that way its harder for him to be killed and the dragons taking more of the damage and as hes the tougher one its better

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I just don't rate the armour of heroes, it is great in theory but most people avoid attacking lords directly or have decent leadership so pass the test.

Having said that If you combined armour of heroes with death magics -3 to leadership spell you have an awesome challenge tie up. This could be very useful against chaos who must challenge.

I disagree about the dragon though, it is best used on someone on foot as the lost attacks are wasted entirely on a failed leadership test.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Allonairre View Post
    I just don't rate the armour of heroes, it is great in theory but most people avoid attacking lords directly or have decent leadership so pass the test.

Having said that If you combined armour of heroes with death magics -3 to leadership spell you have an awesome challenge tie up. This could be very useful against chaos who must challenge.

I disagree about the dragon though, it is best used on someone on foot as the lost attacks are wasted entirely on a failed leadership test.
    I disagree with that one of course :-p

best use is on an Elven Steed with barding and a shield...
    Add an Amulet of Fire for a bit of magic resilience and fire resistance, and you have a very tough nut to crack, especially if, as stated, you use Death Magic. IN fact this Lord build might be a great addition to have if you take Teclis/BoH mage with Death Magic...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I think that it would be more effective to take death magic on the L2 Seer staff mage. Often you will be able to slip that -3 spell through as it does no direct damage, particularly in combat.

It is very one eyed of me to rule it out so quickly though, I should be more open minded.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

It is really not a BAD item. Alot of players that I've met say that it's something that they wish we had. However, what it is replacing in the elf book is an item that causes Fear. Most armies have one, but the Elves do not. Instead, we get "ultra fear", where instead of hitting on 6's, you just don't hit. But you lose the advantage of auto-breaks and all that good stuff. The cost is really the same as a fear-causing item.

Additionally, the AoH really competes for space against things like the Dragon Armor and our Ward Save items. On a prince, you'd really rather give him a better save, and on a hero- we shouldn't run Nobles unless they're BSBs, and if you give your BSB any type of armor, it's best to hit him with the DAoC, for the 2+ save on foot with a GW.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    and on a hero- we shouldn't run Nobles unless they're BSBs,

This is quite a change in thinking from what I have read in the past. Previously people have stated that a Prince is a waste without a Dragon as a noble is almost as good for less points.

I don't disagree but if you could explain a bit, that would be awesome.

Sorry for taking the topic a bit off track.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

I think the argument of Prince over Noble is the additional pip on his Ld, and the fact that he has access to 50 points more magic items, and we have some very tatsy magic items if you have a limit of 100 points. A Noble is too much of a compromise, as he is only going to be mediocre at a few things or good at one. Case in point - BSB with AoC..

This guy is great at dealing with enemies that are reasonable armour (save 2+ or worse) and have no ward. ASF is good, he is likely to kill things in BSB easily enough. However, the moment he meets a (generally cheaper) combat character, the AoC isn't going to save him. S6 lances will reduce it to 5, and he has no ward, and no real means to get a decent ward.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Exactly.
    I'm not saying that a prince is a "better" option at all. But I am saying that a noble isn't going to do anyone much good. I tend towards taking mages in my list. If there's one thing that our characters can do well, it's wield magic. Our nobles just get steamrolled in combat because they're only S3, and we've got crap-all to armor them with. I'd rather save the points spent on a noble and get a couple more Dragon Princes, or a couple more Sword Masters.

The Prince is cool because you can run the (broken?) Star Dragon underneath him. But I am gaining faith in BsBs, and that's really what sets the nobles apart: they can wave the flag.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    Exactly.
    I'm not saying that a prince is a "better" option at all. But I am saying that a noble isn't going to do anyone much good. I tend towards taking mages in my list. If there's one thing that our characters can do well, it's wield magic. Our nobles just get steamrolled in combat because they're only S3, and we've got crap-all to armor them with. I'd rather save the points spent on a noble and get a couple more Dragon Princes, or a couple more Sword Masters.

The Prince is cool because you can run the (broken?) Star Dragon underneath him. But I am gaining faith in BsBs, and that's really what sets the nobles apart: they can wave the flag.
    Two things I think meant T3 not S3

And the Str Dragon isn't any more broken than any other uber monster mount/character combo. A Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon is pretty broken. A Chaos Lord of Nurgle on a Chaos Dragon is also pretty broken...especially given the exceptional items that both can take to make it even harder to hit them!

But I agree that the Prince on Star Dragon is our most effective combat juggernaut unit, whilst a BSB is a good "enhancement" factor - adds a bit of muscle to most units, whilst also allowing a good Stati CR or taking some good banenrs like the World Dragon.
    A BSB with the World Dragon on a Barded steed, Dragon armour and shield, with lance is an incredibly effective model to place at the heart of your army.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast