Do you use Shadow Warriors?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you use Shadow Warriors??

Shadow warriors??
    I have too many archer models so im goin to paint 5 up to be some Shadow warriors for my army/when i want to give them a go.

My questions is how do they go on the battle field when you guys use them? What is their role in your army? They have good WS of 5 and BS 4 is ok so are they better to bash a unit or sit there and shot guys?
    A unit of 5 with a champion (which has 2 attacks might i say) is worth 92pts, (if im allowed to write this here, sorry) but is that worth the investment?

Unit str 5, capture table quarter???

Let me know

"As long as there is man, there will be war" Albert Einstein

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally high elf bows don't attract a lot of attention just because they never make up their points in a game unless its a huge fluke. Therefor I'd only use them with Alith Anar. Makes them pretty much impossible to hit in shooting, and he is a big enough threat because of the moonbow that you're opponent will send something after them. I've done this once before, and i rolled like crap that game so it wasn't a good judgement on if it worked well. I am going to try it again however with Alith Anar, Noble with reaver bow, 2 lvl 2s(one with seerstaff for curse of arrow), 2 units of 10 archers, probly 5-6 reavers, a great eagle, and 3 bolt throwers, and just build whatever else I can around that. Not a hard hitting list, but it's not supposed to be, strictly built to dominate the movment and shooting phase, and should have an effective magic phase as well.

unfortunatley I am not a huge fan of their models, so I think I am going to pick up some wood elf Glade Guard and paint them to match my army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I always use them. They are great for my magic/ shooty army as march blockers and more bows and then they capture table quarters. Against gunlines they kill the warmachines and with 6 ASF hatred attacks they could beat up 10 archers and make them flee. The models are brilliant and they are exeptionally good at shooting lone mages. They are only 92 points (although I prefer 5 barebones) and they are always worth it. They can negate rank bonuses aswell, forgot that.
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Skirmishers never negate ranks (I think), but they are extermely useful. I will often play with a unit or 2 for all the previously mentioned reasons.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I don't like using the very often. They compete with more "straitforward" (read: reliable) units in the Special section.
    Scouts really rely on terrain, and deployment to become effective. You are gambling that you will set them up in the right place, and that your enemy will set his army up in a way to give you an opening. This often doesn't happen, and you find yourself with a small unit of very isolated, slow moving men.

In a cavalry list they sometimes get playtime, just because I have a few points left over. They add an element of shooting to the list which is a little harder to outrun, and serve as a "forward anchor point" for my "line". If the enemy stops to deal with the skirmishers, the Cavalry can predict the moves for easily and line up better charges.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always use them. With a little bit of luck they begin behind ennemy lines and are great to hunt warmachines (exception dwarfs). Once they helped me to kill the crew of an apocalypse canon behind ennemy lines in two turns (ok, it was luck ^^) . And, of course, they disturb the march of the ennemy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

I would like them to have more melee staying power (like GW shades) but they do what scouts do... march block, ranged harass, wreak (limited) havoc behind enemy lines. They have their uses. I would probably only use them in groups of 8+ or so... if you're looking to use them to kill anything they will likely lose some men.

The Alith Anar build sounds cool, but trying to put a prince with them (shadow armor, magic bow, etc) seems like a waste of a prince to me.

+ Reply to Thread