MY prince's wargear-ultimate - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MY prince's wargear-ultimate

This is what I give the leader of my elf army-Elkidor

Prince, great axe, barbed elven steed, talisman of loec, helm of fortune, gaurdian phoenix, heavy armour, radiant gem of hoeth.

This guy have a 2 plues re rollable save and 5+ ward save, I use lore of fire with him and use the spell flaming sword of rhuin, this makes him get 5 st 7 attacks hitting on 2's! The opponent will forget about the spell as I cast it 1st turn, then boom their boss dies when I activate tally of loec, granting him re rolls to hit and wound, and maknig them re roll succesful armour saves.

And he' painted well too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

That is pretty good,
    You could do a similar thing with a prince on foot, but use lore of the beasts, this is slightly more reliable IMO as bears anger is the base spell, Sword of Rhuin has to be rolled for, and you only get one dice.

Maybe Prince, Armour of Caledor, Great Weapon, Radiant Gem of Hoeth, Gaurdian Phoenix, not as tough because no reroll on armour or as potentially killy no talisman of loec but still ok.

Check the wording of the Talisman of Loec, it says "re-roll all attacks" as opposed to re-roll misses or something similar. I think that this means that you roll to hit, then if you fluffed get to roll them all again you don't just pick up the misses, same for wounding. The wording for the armour saves is slightly different however and says reroll successful saves and ward saves so they keep any that fail the first time. (This is being pedantic and I don't know what Games workshop's intention was so I don't take the talisman.)

You give alot of your mounted guys great weapons, you know that when mounted (even on a chariot or monster) you only get +1 Strength for a GW.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, high elf wizards may choose spells from 1 of the 8 lores remember, and bears anger can only be cast in combat.

Do they only get +1 strength? Damn,
    I still play 6th ed (can't be bothered getting new rules) so is it a new rule?

I hate armour of caledor unless it's on my prince on sart dragon (I got 5000 ponit army ^^ most of it was free

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd let the Gem byside. Don't forget, also if you have the flaming sword of rhuin you won't get the +1 Strength bonus for the 2 handed axe
    Instead you could take the ring of fury or another magical item.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

If they can choose their spells then what is the point of seerstaff (or seer in 6th).

Yeah I think that it was a new rule in 7th ed, I can't remember any more.

Bears anger can be cast on the mage himself even if he is in combat, not only if he is combat.

Good score on the army, what's in it, I have a fairly large army too but only a limited number of each of the elite infantry.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The seerstaff lets you choose any spell (high magic included) not jsut the 8 lores.

Hmmm yeah your right

Shakkar that's good advice, but I've got a magge with that spell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

I would really recommend getting a 7th edition rulebook, as that is the only way that you can reliably equip your troops, especially given that is the ruleset most of us assume for the lists.

6th ed allowed mounted characters +2 strength hence Bretonnian Grail Knights and mounted High Elf Lords with the Swordmaster honour.
    Whilst Flaming Sword is a nice idea, only Dragon Mages get flaming sword as their default spell, and I would rather use seerstaff on a "real" mage rather than a Prince. The only reason for taking the Prince with Radiant Gem in my book is to get an extra dispel dice and to have an extra chance of casting some useful default spell. i would actually rather go for Eltharion in this case as teh Talisman of Hoeth is better (level 2 mage) and Eltharion gets a ward save

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe another combination, but i would really let this gem byside.
    for the ring I can only say that I like this spell, so you better have twice this spell :-)

Good luck in your choice ;-)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

the gem is still good, with 2 lvl2's you have several dispel dice and several chances to cast shield of saphery and drain magic which are the 2 most important spells we have (one helps us stay alive, two helps us control their magic, which helps us stay alive) If High Elves can stay alive, they can usually win the game otherwise.
    I would definately drop the great weapon and get a halberd and shield though with this setup. Or get the radiant gem and vambraces of defense and then get a lance or something along those lines.
    Last edited by buckero0; April 7th, 2009 at 15:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I told you the gem wouldn't be my choice, because I think for this number of points you could get anything else. But it's as you want. Make your own experience :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast