High Elf Dominance - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Elf Dominance

Hi all, some friends and I are starting an escalation tourney. 1st is 500 then 1000 then 1500. All armies will play each other best records play a 2000 pt game for championship.

Here are the armies:
    O&G: Savage Orc Theme
    Bretonnia: Likes 9 blocks of knights
    Dwarfs: Prolly 2 blocks of Ironbreakers
    Ogres: Gorgers
    Vampire Counts: 3 Vampires that do LOTS of raising plus 1/2 Necros

So really I need a pretty balanced list, something that can take charges and win, destroy hordes of dead warriors and a lot of static combat res..Just curious what kind of a list you would go with...

Last thing is If I use it in the 500 I have to use that amount of men in that unit but I can change up Heroe set ups...

Not sure if I should use a Dragon mage or go more for static combat with blocks of spearmen, sm, pg, a chariot, some dps mabey? Thanks for any help.

Armies: 40k: Imperial Guard, Orks Fantasy: Skaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Well, this is a fun challenge type thing,

I would definitely include a unit of White Lions with the Lion Standard, they will be able to take the charge well and be a solid centre for your army.

My core would probably be 10 archers to start with and then add in a spear block when you get to higher points.

I am a bit confused by the rules about carrying units with you though.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like a really fun tourney!

So what you are saying is that if you use 20 spearmen in your 500 point game then you have to use 20 spearmen in your 1000 point games etc etc? That makes sense and is a good rule. It just means less surprises in the final games.

For this tourney I would suggest that you use blocks of infantry with some dragon princes as the hammer. I would take a scroll caddy and put a prince and maybe a noble in with your infantry blocks. This way you have some killing power in your ranks especially against the Vampires.

I would suggest not taking any offensive magic because it will be wasted points against half of the armies there.

Good Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I see

Thanks for the responses guys, and yes you are correct. If I take 20 spearmen in 500 I have to also take them in 1000 and 1500. If I take a Noble in 500 I have to take him also but I can "retool" him.

So really you think I should go with magic def. 1 mage w/ scrolls. Im just really worried about the VC. Because he was jokingly warning me last night about his list and he said 3 vampires, (1 of them being an Acolyte???) and 1 Necromancer. (In 1000pts) Now if this is right he is going to be casting on me all day long w/ just 1 mage on my part. Should I worry about this or just let him have his casting and hope to defeat him with my warriors. (BTW he loves crypt ghouls)

Thanks!
    Armies: 40k: Imperial Guard, Orks Fantasy: Skaven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go with more than one mage for defense if you think that you will be facing some insane magic. I just meant that you should stay away from going on the offensive with magic. Maybe 2 caddies with a prince + noble..........

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems like RBT would also be needed, especially vs the Brett's and Savage Orcs and dwarves.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Ok I was running through this in my head, it is a real challenge to get all 4 lists to balance.

Noble Radiant Gem of Hoeth, Dragon Armour and Great Weapon.
    (A L2 mage would probably be almost as good here, but cost more)
    (Could also make him a strike noble, Mount him with Starlance and get him to hunt down enemy characters, again expensive)

10 Archers

7 White Lions + SB with Lion Standard and Noble

5 Reavers (would put hunter in here to charge out T2)
    (these over an eagle at this points level as you will need to use their ability to negate ranks occasionally and may want rare slots for RBT's as GMJoe mentioned)

None of this stuff is useless at higher points,
    Couple of quick questions though...
    1) Can Vampires change their blood line powers as well as equipment?

2) Can Units be added too and/or split? eg Add an extra 3 White lions to the current unit and make them 2 units of 5.

3) Must command be kept as is?

4) Can units drop/trade magic items? ie give Lion Standard to a different unit at 1000pts.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread