How do you equip your Prince on a Dragon? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

How do you equip your Prince on a Dragon?

I'm about to ship mine off to get painted, and I'm trying to figure out how I should have him done.

I've currently got an old High Elf Lord model from back in the 90's that I plan on using. He comes with a sword and shield. Now I'm considering leaving him like that, and rigging up a harness to attach a lance to for that option.

But I'm also looking at sawing his sword off and attaching a halberd. I don't see any way I can go with both options, so I was curious what people like to bring their dragon with.

Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Generally - lance, Armour of Caledor and Vambraces of Defense, sometimes with talisman of light or talisman of Hoeth. Alternates include the Star Lance, the halberd you mentioned (though you should be charging in most insatcnes so using a lance is prefereable) or Dragon Armour and Enchanted shield instead of Armour of Caledor (if someone else needs it).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AoC, VoD, Amulet of Light and a Great Weapon or Lance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x3)

I have the old Imrik model, so mostly I'd run him as Imrikishly as possible: Star Lance, Armour of Caledor and Guardian Phoenix - just because some WS doesn't piss me off. Otherwise Kithre's build with Vambraces of Defense is more than nice.

By the way, I have a little question: if you equip your Prince with Talisman of Light, does it affect the Dragon as well?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Yes it does, it gives the entire unit magical attacks, and the Dragon is part of the unit so I think that it would give the dragon magical attacks.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

Doesn't the sword option give more oppurtunities though? A Sword of Might is the same price as the Amulet of light, and give you the same strength as the halberd, so your saving the points on that halberd upgrade. The only drawback is that the dragon doesn't get the magical attacks then.

I don't know, the more I think about it, I can get more versatility with the Sword model and having an attachable lance.
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

WYSIWYG is not imperative in Warhammer Fantasy characters. Chaos Knight lances are a case in point - they look like polearms or lances or very big axes depending on teh angle.

A Sword of Might is a good choice, but magical attacks on the S6/7 Dragon are very valuable against certain armies such as Wood Elves with Forest Spirits and Chaos Warriors, where the Armour of Morrslieb makes a reasonably common appearance. It also means you can take out ethereals in VC armies. Finally, a Magical weapon can be destroyed by certain items like teh Detroyer, whereas teh Talisman of light is a little less prone to this type of thing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by kithre View Post
    WYSIWYG is not imperative in Warhammer Fantasy characters. Chaos Knight lances are a case in point - they look like polearms or lances or very big axes
    I agree with all my guts - if you know of a specific build you will often use then go for it on the model, otherwise just choose the coolest WYSIWYG with moderation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

Its often better to overequip the model as well - High Elf Princes are really easy to do this weith as they can be wielding a sword and have a lance with pennant fluttering on teh saddle or something similar.

Moniro items like long bows or others are really not that important to model, same with Light Armour vs Heavy Armour vs Dragon armour vs magical armour.

And who is to say that sword doesn't "count as" a halberd when this guys is wielding it?

+ Reply to Thread