need help for a balanced 1000pt HE army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

18 (x1)

need help for a balanced 1000pt HE army

ive currently got a wood elf army, and am in the process of getting a DE army. I'd really like to have a HE one too, but would like to hear about other successful 1000pt lists for help. Preferably, my list would use the battallion set, with a few extras

2. Remove Advertisements

12 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

I am a fan of Swordmasters at low points, they can stay as small units and still be extremely effective which is ideal, same thing applies to chariots etc.

It really depends which direction you want to go, shooting, magic or Combat.

Assuming you want to go for a balanced list based around the battalion box set, I would use the spears as your main combat block but increase it to 20 odd, with the warbanner or something like it, and a noble with a great weapon, they will do reasonably well in most combats.

To support them I would take a couple of small units of Swordmasters, these should protect the flanks of the spears, as they will need their ranks to win.

Convert the Silverhelms to Dragon Princes, just 5 of them, and use the Archers as Shadow Warriors, these are for warmachines, hunting and taking down other bits and pieces.

Then use Bolt Thrower or 2 if you are being mean. If there is a chariot in the battalion then put that in as well.

I have no idea where the points are but maybe add in a mage for some magic if there is enough.

Good luck, I think that you get all that stuff except the Swordmasters in the Batillion, for larger games I prefer White Lions or Phoenix Gaurd but they need numbers to win combats and that is very expensive.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread