Tidying up my army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Tidying up my army

It's been about 9 years since I've got a game of WFB, but I'd like to get my army neatened up while I'm waiting for the Blood Angel codex to (hopefully) be released next year - which means I need a few pointers from you lot about what I'm missing.

I have:
    48 spearmen inc. 1 champion and musician
    32 archers inc. 1 champion
    6 Swordsmasters
    5 White Lions inc. Full Command
    1 (standard) chariot
    2 RBTs
    5 Dragon Princes inc. Champion + SB
    14 Ellyrion Reavers (should the person who said they'd paint them for me ever return my models - Neil@Bedford, if you read this I'm gonna kick your arse )
    2 mages on foot (1 w/ sword, 1 w/ staff if that makes any difference)
    Dragon + Rider w/ lance
    Mounted Character w/ lance

I'm not planning on buying any new units until I can be sure to get a game in but it's things like unit sizes, missing command, etc that I'm looking for advice on as I'm happy to spend some money finishing off what I've already got.

Incidentally some of these models are painted beautifully (the mages in particular), I should take some photos soon and show you all - sadly I didn't paint them, I inherited most of the models from a guy who worked at GW Bedford before me.

My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

if you add a couple more specials, like another 6 swordmasters, or an extra rank (or 2) of WL, you'll be able to make some quite competative lists. And if you really want to be competative at 2000 PTS, you'll need some march blockers like a great eagle.

as for the command squads, maybe you can turn a Spearmen to a Standard bearer, so you can give them the lion standard, or warbanner, and i'm really fond of the banner of sorcery (i love magic) so you might want a SB in your WL, PG (you don't have yet, and are quite expensive) , or even a BSB.

you might want to post a list, in the army lists thread, and wait for som comments, you'll get your critics soon enough

Good luck
    'Its better to have a swordmaster and not need her help, then to need her help and not have her'
    Byjugo's WIP Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Your in the same boat I was when I got back into the game. Literally, that's almost the same exact type of army I had from 5th Edition. Back then, Speamen and Archers where all we needed. Today, their not half as good as they used to be.

You're going to have to beef up those Sword Masters, While Lions, and Phoenix Guard. Our armies revolve around those now. Otherwise, everything else you have is pretty good.
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Cool, thanks for the help guys. Rep for the pair of you.

I'll get some more SMs (do these need a champion or anything like that) and some WLs so I can make at least 2 ranks of 5 men for each unit. Hopefully these and an Eagle won't cost me too much
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread