Any Advice on Dragon Mages? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Advice on Dragon Mages?

Before I spend a great deal of my peoples taxes on building a roost for a dragon and building a Tower for the young and most likely cocky mage, I would like to ask around for advice on how best to use a Dragon Mage in a citizen levy heavy army. I thank my fellow Ladys and Lords in advance.

Your post was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard in a diabetic's house without a chimney!--realitycheque

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think of them as an extremely mobile howitzer that also causes Terror. They zip around and deal out lots of damage, but they're EXTREMELY fragile in combat no matter how you kit them out. Even with a Guardian Phoenix it's more likely than not that they'll pop before they even make a single ward save. Definitely take a Silver Wand, it gives them another spell and essentially a free die per casting phase with Recklessness. You CAN charge a flank or rear, and with the mobility of the dragon it can be easy to get position, but make sure you're charging something that won't be able to attack back (i.e., flank of a single cavalry rank and your dragon can pop one and/or you have Flaming Sword up) and only use it as support, never a solo charge.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I gave you most of my advice earlier, I will just repeat it here

A dragon mage is too big to hide out of combat and too fragile to hide in combat. Flaming sword makes him awesome but only for a turn as remains in play means it gets dispelled in your opponents turn.I have always used my dragon mages as flying spell batteries, L2 with silverwand and Ring of Fury, they will be throwing out at least 3 damage spells a turn and hopefully you can keep them out of sight of any shooting units that and use him to put real pressure on warmachines and shooting units with swordmasters and lion chariots to make people think twice about where to shoot.Hope it helps
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread