8th edition rules and how they will affect the high elves HELP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8th edition rules and how they will affect the high elves HELP

Hi i am looking to make up a new army list for the thrown of skulls in october and i like to get all my list brought and panted and then i like to practise with my list for about 2 or 3 months before so i know how to use it and so i dont look stuped. so i was woundering if anyone knows how the new rules will affect the high elves or some of there units so i have an idea before i wright up my list

sorry about the spelling

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, in 8th ed (hopefully) we will be able to fight in 2 ranks standard (and our spearmen in 4 ) with the asf rule this will make units such as swordmasters and white lions evil as we will hopefully kill enough of them to stop them attacking and making sure we win combat by even more !

High elves will rule 8th ed
    2010 WOC MOSTER HORDE W 4/L 0/D 0
    2010 Dark Angel Deathwing W 2/L 0/D 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm, not so sure about that, (keep in mind these are all rumors so far) asf will not work with units wielding GW! I think we will be able to use our mobility to our advantage, as many cav units wont be able to march move. On the other hand, our real efectiveness has been all about taking the bare minimum of core, but now we need 500 points of core in 2000 point games! Im still sceptical as to how HE will turn out in 8th ed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where have you got them rumours from, I was just wondering because I havnt heard any of that.
    2010 WOC MOSTER HORDE W 4/L 0/D 0
    2010 Dark Angel Deathwing W 2/L 0/D 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check the rumor page on warseer, ive got the link here 8th Edition Rulebook rumours (only) - WarSeer Appears to be very up to date and reliable (as WHFB go)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping that a lot of this stuff is just rumour, because a lot of it is bad for High Elves.

First: Yes, fighting in four ranks will be awesome... BUT keep in mind we have to kill two ranks to stop them from hitting back... so nothing changes there...

I especially hope we keep our ASF, because we just got the darn thing, but everyone else seems hopeful that it'll disappear. As I recall, competent High Elves were entirely cavalry armies before we got it because silver helms were core... So... When we lose it, what will happen now that silverhelms aren't core?

I also hope the rumours with Greatswords never ever ever striking first are false... or at least only applicable to people who don't have their entire backstory based on how fast they wield them because if our sword masters become lame ducks just after I finally got some I will be moderately upset.

Also, if they really do give a downside to Irresistable force... Well... Goodbye Teclis and the Book of Hoeth. You guys just aren't worth the points anymore.

I'm extremely pessimistic... Still I hope it's unfounded pessimism. I just got into this hobby and I love it. I'd hate for everything to go to the dogs before I even get to play in my first tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b"h
    On the other hand, these rumors say that if you have ASF and higher initiative than your opponent then you can reroll to-hit, so it is not just 20 spearmen but 20 spearmen who reroll to-hit. Swordmaster and white lions will be weaker becouse they will strike last, but pheonix guards, spearmen, silver helms and dragon princes will be stronger becouse if they will have higher initiative (and they probably will) and keep their ASF then they will reroll failed to-hit rolls. Don't be pesimistic, you should be optimistic since most of your units will only get stronger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard that GW's will just negate the ASF, but will still strike at Init due to losing ASF, but obviously can never get the reroll to hit.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

That's possible but seems too complicated for a weapon rule.
    Great Weapon, Strikes last unless you have ASF in which case it's in initiative order.

I doubt they will make exceptions like that it will be one rule trumping the other so either ASF or great weapons strike last, GW will decide which rule trumps which.
    They may make a part of Speed of Asuryan that states that great weapons strike in initiative order I guess but that would be in the army book not in the rule book.

We are going to have to wait and see what happens with the new rules, alot of them don't do us any favours as we rely heavily on not being attacked back. We are still mobile however and that should work in our favour.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x3)

My main concern is about great weapons, but I don't think they'll cut down all of the SM gw advantages. 6th and 7th edition had them either ASF or striking in initiative order. They won't dare having them become ASL...it would be as taking animosity away from O&G or not allowing Empire to have cannons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast