noble on chariot? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

noble on chariot?

So I've decided to run a noble on a trianoc chariot in my 1000 points games, (there all friendly so i dont really care about effectivness) and i need some help with his kit, I was thinking something along the lines of

Noble:
    Trianoc Chariot
    Dragon Armor
    Shield
    Spear/lance
    (magic kit???)

Im thinking about running him with a lion chariot in tandom, so on the charge, i'll put up 9 S5, 1 S4, 2 S3, and 2D6 S5 Impact hits, wich should be able to put up the kind of damage to seriously hurt or break a unit, + the bonus of fear. I need some help with the rest of the army as well, i'm looking at 2 eagles to kill cannons that could threaten my chariots, dragon princes/silver helms to add some mobility, either archers or spearmen, I'm thinking spearmen, and WL and SM just for the extra flare, so what do you think? Would it work? (I still like to win even if its not competetive) What kinds of kit? And what are some general tactics to use?

Thanks;

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

something on the inside of me just keeps screaming 'REAVER BOW!'. your chariot would become a real multi-purpose unit, capable of diversions, and still strong enough to survive against most units you'll face on that point level.

you might want to go to a fast list, so 8 silverhelms or dragon princes, would really help getting of flank charges.
    if you're going for the fast list, archers are your best core choice. they have enough firepower to get rid of enemy marchblockers, and take of the ranks of big CC units. And Spearelves can't keep up anyway..

i shoudn't take any elite infantry.. just cavalry, chariots, eagles, and a single unit of archers.

have fun
    'Its better to have a swordmaster and not need her help, then to need her help and not have her'
    Byjugo's WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, a noble on a chariot could be a very versatile unit, but he may also prove to be a great liability if he is the general. Putting a noble in a chariot makes him more vulnerable to missile fire, which may be a non-issue when fighting some armies, but it may be a deal-breaker when fighting others; your call. Regardless, due to the relatively low armor save provided by the chariot against missile fire, it is important that you get your noble's hot new wheels into combat as soon as possible, but DO NOT let him go in unsupported. No matter how great he is or how shiny his new ride may be, he will (more than likely) lose combat resolution by sheer weight of numbers, and a fleeing general is never good, even in a leadership-strong Elven army. Worse, he might get overrun (hope you roll high).

So, in my opinion, it really depends on the army you are fighting. A chariot-based noble might sound great, but if you want to use him in conjunction with fast cavalry, that could be a potential disaster and easy victory points for your opponent (you want a Reaver Bow noble to go with your reavers, get him a horse, its cheaper). Against missile-strong armies, don't bother. But, if you are looking for an extra kick against a combat heavy opponent (can anyone say Chaos?), a chariot-noble might be just the trick.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Just because you're running a pair of chariots doesn't mean that you should run a fully mounted list- or even attempt to. Chariots can't march, so they're actually slower than our Infantry when it comes to keeping up with cavalry. At 1000pts, I would use the pair of chariots as a really hard-hitting force, with additional cavalry on atleast one flank. Personally, I'd go with something like this (not sure if it would fit in a list, as I don't have my book handy)

Noble w/ a Lance, chariot (Korhil?)
    Noble w/ Reaver Bow, BsB, heavy armor, greatweapon

14/20 Lothern Seaguard w/ shields and full command (all optional)

5-6 DragonPrinces or SilverHelms w/ musician (banner optional)
    5-7 Swordmasters
    5-7 Swordmasters
    1 White Lion Chariot (Tirannoc if using Korhil)

1-2 RBTs

Basically, it's the best of what the HighElves have to offer, with a little chariot flair thrown into the mix for fun.
    The BSB noble joins the LSG, who deploy in 3 ranks and try to stand on a hill somewhere for maximum damage. The RBTs can actually be deployed on the ground if need be, preferably WAY out on the flanks. The Swordmasters operate as your flankers/flank-guards, deploying on either side of the LSG, with your cavalry infront of one of the regiments. Your chariots deploy together, on the side opposite the cavalry.
    Strategy- shoot the enemy until he comes to you (trust me, there's is more than enough firepower). The chariots hit his big regiment, maybe even flanking with the cavalry (the cav can feel free to charge, because there are Swordmasters right behind them to protect that flank). Other regiments are forced to funnel down onto the LSG, who are going to launch a BUNCH of Stand-and-Shoot arrows, and then fight with their full compliment of soldiers (spears at 3 ranks) and a nasty Noble. From this point, if there are no enemies who could flank your Spearblock, counter-charge and flank with the Sword Masters. Otherwise, keep your swordmasters on the defense and wait to annihilate whoever decides to come your way.

I ran a similar list at 500pts (LSG+Reaver Noble, 6SHs, RBT) and wiped the field repeatedly. The idea works. Use as much of it as you feel is 'friendly'.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread