Help with a 3500 point army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with a 3500 point army.

Hi All,
    Im having a 3500 point battle against a chaos army. I thought my army was strong until i saw his army list. This is my army:
    Teclis, Prince on star dragon, Cardryian, 2 x level 2 mage, 5 x RBT, 2 x lion Charriots, 2 units of 10 archers, 22 x spearmen, 2 units of 6 Dragon Princes.

His Army:
    Vilitch the curseling, daemon prince,Exalted Hero, Chaos Sorceror, Exalted Hero, 54 Chaos warriors, 5 x Marauder Horsemen, 10 x warhounds, 5 x chaos knights, 1 x charriot, 1 x hellcannon, 1 xwarshrine.

My plan before seeing his army list was to use the RBT's to shoot any important targets, eg dragons or lords. But i have a problem with the number of chaos warriors he has because they all have 2+ armour save when in close combat and against high elves they normally dominate.
    Also i thought with teclis I would dominate in the magic phase but ive been told that he has a spell that if i roll any double it will miscast.

Please can anyone give me advice or suggestions which will help me.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

My suggestions remain the same, march-block the warriors, but shoot the knights and Marauder Horseman instead of the dragon.

Don't know what to do about Teclis and magic though, you still have heaps of dice maybe cast using only 2 or 3 dice, and try and take out the bearer of the Black Tongue, or whatever it is that causes the miscasts. Star Dragon and or Lore of metal base spell.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b"h
    About the spell pandaemonium from the lore of tzeentch (the one that make you miscast on any double), you just need to be shure you can dispel it. It is possible that your opponent will not roll this spell, and if he do roll this spell you can keep dispelling it until you kill the mage who know that spell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good point. just dispel the thing until you can obliterate the mage with that spell, which shouldn't be hard with the power you're packing. And I think Allonairre's idea rocks. march block the warriors around all game long and they just become a massive waste. That plus the power you'll have after you take out the mage that might get that bad spell, and you're golden. 5 RBTs is gonna be great.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Drop Caradryan for another mage, and give Teclis the Lore of Metal instead of High Magic. Pound 'Drain Magic' every turn that you can, as WoC casting values are already pretty high.
    By the way- Vilitch will have Pandemonium 9(he knows all 6 Tzeentch spells IRC), and he will generate a ton of dice every time you fail to cast or dispel.
    The magic phase is going to be the hardest part of the game for you. The Chaos Knights are good, but they won't stand up well against a double charge from a chariot and your own knights. The 5 M.Horsemen are dead as soon as you point an RBT or 20 archers their way.

Dirty Tricks- deploy second, and react to him. Hopefully he'll be overconfident and drop his 54 Warriors right in the middle of the field. In that case, just deploy on one flank. If he doesn't take the bait, drop your 22-man regiment of Spears in the middle of the table as a sacrificial lamb, and hopefully he'll set up across from them. Those warriors will mulch any of your regiments that they charge (although flanking them with your cavalry and chariots during the endgame would be hilarious), so the trick is going to be to stand far away from them, and make them march all the way across the field while Teclis cooks the ENTIRE REGIMENT with the 6th spell from the Lore of Metal, preferably casting it with IF.
    Don't even bother shooting those warriors with your RBTs. Your primary targets are to hit the Daemon Prince with as many shots as you can. He's a large target, light him up. Then gun down the cavalry, and finally the Hellcannon (if the Dragon doesn't eat it once the Prince is dead).
    Pump Flames of the Phoenix with one of your mages, and stick it onto his big regiment. THEN use another mage to cast Drain Magic. Drain Magic raises the casting value of all spells by 3, including RiP spells. Now he's going to need a 14 to dispel that spell, and it will be hitting each of his warriors, each turn. It's worth giving one of your regiments the Banner of Sorcery, and one of your Mages the Seerstaff, just to make sure that you can get Drain Magic and Flames. The other HE spells are up to you, although in your army, Curse of Arrow Attraction is pretty much instant-death for whoever it targets.

Best of luck with the game, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a BattleReport. HE are notoriously good at killing WoC armies (I also play WoC), so I have full confidence in you. Besides, his list isn't very strong at all, but keep telling him that it terrifies you, every chance you get- that way he sticks with his foolish plan.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Scroll Pandemonium with the scroll of Hoeth early in the game, with luck tht will be the end of that spell anyway.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooooooooohhhh. Another good point. That would be ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b"h
    Hopefully he'll be overconfident and drop his 54 Warriors right in the middle of the field. In that case, just deploy on one flank
    Is realy one single unit of 54 chaos warriors? or is it a total of 54 chaos warriors?
    I think he will probably take them in 2 or 3 units, it will be much more effective that way. 2 units if he want very high static combat resolution and 3 if he want a real fighting power. If he take only one big unit then a flank charge from a prince with a star dragon would easily defeat an run down all 54 of them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x3)

I agree with super sorcerer, sounds unlikely to me that he's going to field 54 men in a single unit. And if he does then such a unit won't be that impossible to avoid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    Thanks for all the help, Didnt have chance to have the 3500 point game this week, had a few 1500 point games instead so i could try and learn how to march block. It was very very successful managed to get an eagle and a unit of reavers behind his army and his chaos warriors werent getting anywhere . Because it worked so well i think when we have the 3500 he will try and get rid of them asap coz he was so pissed off how long it took to reach me army lol. On all games i won quite easy had a little problem in the last one when he decided to use trolls. They were strong i had an a few awful magic phasing and shooting it was hard to would but luckily my dragon princes beat them in conbat and made them flee. In the 3500 point game i think his 54 chaos warriors will be in 2 units. I will do a battle report after the game on wednesday.

I was just wondering in the magic phases he has a few dispel scrolls also quite a few dispel dices, is the any particular order i should use my mages? eg teclis last??

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast