Noble On An Griffon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Noble On An Griffon

With the new starter set coming out I was wondering how mant of you will actually be using the Noble. It may not be the most beutiful model in the box but I kinda like it and would like to make use of the model. This also brings up the question of loadout, what do you fine people think would be the best way to equip this character?

The character comes with what looks like a sword and a lance, and these would be hard to remove but I'm sure magic weapons and armour as well as the ease of throwing a sheild on him could make this very interesting.

Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

He's got the same load out as Eltharion, but if you never intended on using him, I'm sure a Shield wouldn't be to hard to model on. When I brought the Griffon Model but not Eltharion, I'd use the Dragon Armor of Caledor to make up for not having the shield. I usually went pretty basic. Dragon Armor, Sword of Might, and the 5+ ward save item. Great unit for tearing up weaker units. A terror causing flying model that unloads a bunch of Str 5 attacks was great for just about anything other then a uber kitted out lord.
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

The Bow of the Seafarer works great on flying models like this if you just need to find a way to fit him in. Princes have a BS 6 that never gets used. Maybe not as well with flying moves down to 10" (can't march and fire) but still. Useful for flying up in cavalry flanks ("haha your files are now your ranks!") or just generally being a nuisance. You're paying a lot but its fun for non-competitive games.
    ^_^

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Rep for the help guys, but I am extremely new to High Elves and well Fantasy in general and was also wondering what the general consensus on the Star Lance was, or would it be better to stick with a regular Lance or even as Djones mentioned the Sword of Might?

Thanks for the help so far guys *reps you both*
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I'm not a fan of the Star Lance. It seems a lot of points for something that a regular lance or the Sword of Might will get done just as well. Lances are good for first turn shock and awe, but it sounds to me now that things don't break as often as they used to, so going with the Sword will serve you better in the long run.
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
    Rep for the help guys, but I am extremely new to High Elves and well Fantasy in general and was also wondering what the general consensus on the Star Lance was, or would it be better to stick with a regular Lance or even as Djones mentioned the Sword of Might?

Thanks for the help so far guys *reps you both*
    I would never take it in 8e. Now that GW retains +2S when mounted, you have a choice between a 40pt (I think, don't have the book handy) lance that is +3S when you charge, or a 6pt GW which is +2S for all rounds. Consider also that a S7 hit no longer auto-kills a chariot, so no more noble on an eagle flying around popping Corpse Carts.

The Star Lance is dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

^

Whut the pirate said.

The Star Lance is just a fun, expensive toy to screw around with now. It's one use (our only reliable way to get s7 and go around popping those annoying 12 Tuskgor Chariot lists) is gone.
    ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b"h
    Acualy corpse carts are not chariots, but it was nice to charge with str 7 on a cold one chariot.
    I think that in the new eddition great weapons cancel always first, so maybe the great weapon is not a goos idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

The newly released FAQ on GW's homepage deals with that problem. High Elves with GWs still strikes first with rerolls

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnipegDragon View Post
    I would never take it in 8e. Now that GW retains +2S when mounted, you have a choice between a 40pt (I think, don't have the book handy) lance that is +3S when you charge, or a 6pt GW which is +2S for all rounds. Consider also that a S7 hit no longer auto-kills a chariot, so no more noble on an eagle flying around popping Corpse Carts.

The Star Lance is dead.
    Yeah the star lance is dead but corpse carts arn't chariots I don't think. I'd definately take great weapons on elves now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast