High Elves and Dwarves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Elves and Dwarves

With the new 8th edition rules for alliances, I am considering starting an alliance between dwarves and HE. I currently play WoC but I am looking to start a second army to break things up. Variety is the spice of life. After finally getting over my WoC hatred of elves, I decided that a HE dwarf alliance would be a destructive competitive combination that is completely different from WoC. My warriors cannot really shoot and have limited magic. I think with HE, I can make a destructive list that completely shuts down my enemy's magic phase and grants me a ridiculously powerful magic phase. With dwarves and HE in alliance, I can have a huge arsenal and variety of shooting attacks. I get high strength power guns from the dwarves and high BS accurate weapons from the HE. Any advice on what to include in the army or how I should write the fluff for why the two armies come together and fight as one.

Screw the spray gun. I paint my own models!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden View Post
    With the new 8th edition rules for alliances, I am considering starting an alliance between dwarves and HE. I currently play WoC but I am looking to start a second army to break things up. Variety is the spice of life. After finally getting over my WoC hatred of elves, I decided that a HE dwarf alliance would be a destructive competitive combination that is completely different from WoC. My warriors cannot really shoot and have limited magic. I think with HE, I can make a destructive list that completely shuts down my enemy's magic phase and grants me a ridiculously powerful magic phase. With dwarves and HE in alliance, I can have a huge arsenal and variety of shooting attacks. I get high strength power guns from the dwarves and high BS accurate weapons from the HE. Any advice on what to include in the army or how I should write the fluff for why the two armies come together and fight as one.

I would use the Dwarf army to cover for where HE suffer, higher T high armour units and war machinery. I'd argue that HE elite infantry is better than Dwarven, burt less resilient - so complement smaller blocks of elves with the steadfast/stubborn Dwarven blocks like Hammerers, Iron Breakers and Long Beards, that way the opponent will have fewer attacks hitting squishy Elves. Use Dwarven characters as a way of holding up the enemy advance - oathstones are excellent. And imagine the cannonry of Dwarves combined with high BS shots from the Eagles clase bolt Throwers - outstanding!

High Elves have also have cavalry - a factor that allows the HE army to cover the Dwarves principle lack of manouvre warfare, whilst (Star) Dragons are a useful mobile reserve, and can easily swing a combat in your favour. Finally imagine what an Anvil can do agains opponents when COMBINED with Book of Hoeth or Teclis trickery??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I think there is some slight confusion here. I don't believe that the rules allow you to combine an army. The ally thing is a guideline for determining teams in multi-player type games.
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

+ Reply to Thread