High Elf Spearmen box - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

High Elf Spearmen box

So I just opened up my brand new HE Spearmen box. On the back, it says these may be assembled as sea guard. Before shopping, google was no help as to whether I would be cheated.

Upon perusing the contents, I discovered that there are 4 sea guard icons in the entire box for the shields.

@)$* you GW.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

There's still bows for all 16 of them though, and the sea guard may have what ever painted shields you see fit (in fact technically, they don't even need a shield to become sea guard)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

It just really grinds my gears. I want sea guard to look like sea guard, not some lame proxy. But GW already have my money now so thats all that matters, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Well, I think it's well possible to make them look like the real deal (see my own SG below)

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6094/dsc00308iz.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Well, I think it's well possible to make them look like the real deal (see my own SG below)

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6094/dsc00308iz.jpg
    The "Sea Guard" shields are NOT just for SG - I have hundreds of the original variant from the 4th ed spear elves, in fact the 4th ed/5th ed LSG had PLAIN shields. As stated, teh sole requirements of LSG are soear and bow. You have both of these. You can make your LSG proxies look a bit more the part by maybe bits ordering the LSG shields from the web store? You can even buy the High Elves shield plastic sprue from the webstore as well...
    The sea dragon, iirc is actually not the default LSG symbol, it is one of many - my LSG when I had the old models (sold them) had a miniature ship painted on the shield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the plastic spearmen and archer kits to kit bash into a LSG unit. Works fine.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

The shield icons are a bit useless really - no matter which design you want, you don't have enough in the box to make them all uniform. That being said, transfers are easy enough to use, just use the icons on the shields for your FC models.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by kithre View Post
    The "Sea Guard" shields are NOT just for SG - I have hundreds of the original variant from the 4th ed spear elves, in fact the 4th ed/5th ed LSG had PLAIN shields. As stated, teh sole requirements of LSG are soear and bow. You have both of these. You can make your LSG proxies look a bit more the part by maybe bits ordering the LSG shields from the web store? You can even buy the High Elves shield plastic sprue from the webstore as well...
    The sea dragon, iirc is actually not the default LSG symbol, it is one of many - my LSG when I had the old models (sold them) had a miniature ship painted on the shield
    I know I can give GW more money to make them look better - this is kind of the whole point of the thread.

I just got home from work and have calmed down a little about it all. Still not happy, but hey thats life!

Sorry to vent here haha, had to do it somewhere I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Draake View Post
    I know I can give GW more money to make them look better - this is kind of the whole point of the thread.

I just got home from work and have calmed down a little about it all. Still not happy, but hey thats life!

Sorry to vent here haha, had to do it somewhere I guess.

I can see if I can send you a bunch of dragon shields if you'd like, we can do a swap deal as I prefer painting my shields anyway, and don't use teh icons except on units like Dragon Princes..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Wow, really?! PM sent!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast