Painting comps like WoC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you be happy to post pics of your mini's on here for a HE painting comp?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe but I am shy (or other)

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Painting comps like WoC

I was in Warriors of Chaos area before and noticed that they were running a very cool painting competition within their forum, basically its just a type mini and you post the pics of your BSB, General, mage, Marauders or whatever the theme happens to be. I don't have my elves with me but know that some of you guys have some beautiful elves at home and would love to see more of them.

Would we be interested in setting up a similar series in this forum. I am always a bit jealous of how active the WoC forum is and really want more people to post and visit here this seems like one way to do it.

If there was a painting contest, not timed just basically post a pic of your BSB mini by this date would you participate. That is not to say that you couldn't use it as motivation to get that BSB done, but you wouldn't have to do a brand new model every month if you didn't want too.

Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

We have a lot of fun with that thread series over there at the WoC forum I would post if I had a BSB, will probably get one in the future after I stocked up on other things... like eagles!
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Viktor - a BSB should be the first thing you grab in an Elf army, especially over eagles!

As for starting a painting thread, go for it. I know I would try to participate. I'd probably never win, but if I can remember how to set my camera to max out on fine details, I'd be willing to put some pics up. I haven't posted in the WoC forum because they haven't ever requested a mini that I actually have (no lie, I only have Warriors, Marauders, Knights, and a few infantry Characters).
    I'm in the process of swapping my High Elf models over to Samurai models from the Perry Twins, to use against people who don't approve of my Nippon armylist, but I'll never get rid of my original HE. I guess that's a yes from me then.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

129 (x8)

You eagle hater you. I had plans to get a bsb for my 2k list, but as I mostly play and have trouble vs magicky dark elves an extra wizard with annulian crystal does more for me at the moment.

So that's why you have not posted anything yet, you have such an ascetic army? But it does the job I reckon, to be frank you only really need Warriors - the rest is gravy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Viktor and CaptainSarathai what are you two traitors doing in the elf forum? Get back in the WoC one!
    Khorne will know of this treachery!

oh and Sarathai, the next month's painting challenge are Marauders. there's your excuss.
    Quote Lord Borak
    Now now lads. This is a forum about grown men playing with toy soldiers. Lets be adults please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

129 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanish
    Viktor and CaptainSarathai what are you two traitors doing in the elf forum? Get back in the WoC one!

oh and Sarathai, the next month's painting challenge are Marauders. there's your excuss.
    Oh but you forget I am the favored of Tzeentch maybe this is treachery within treachery, all in order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

129 (x8)

Also Vanish, what are YOU doing in the elf forum!?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Looking for blood for the blood god of course!
    oh and.. stop confusing me with your Tzeentch gibberish! There's no treachery within treachery, that would be treason. ehh I think..

nvm, ill jump back in my WoC cave again now.
    Quote Lord Borak
    Now now lads. This is a forum about grown men playing with toy soldiers. Lets be adults please.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    You eagle hater you. I had plans to get a bsb for my 2k list, but as I mostly play and have trouble vs magicky dark elves an extra wizard with annulian crystal does more for me at the moment.

So that's why you have not posted anything yet, you have such an ascetic army? But it does the job I reckon, to be frank you only really need Warriors - the rest is gravy.
    I'll always hate any kind of "chaff" units in an army. One-use-only items and 'sacrificial' units. You're just handing the enemy points. Eagles, Warhounds, Dire Wolves, it doesn't matter. At the end of the day, it's points that you could have spent making another regiment larger, another character killy-er, or anything other than handing a pile of heads over to your enemy on a silver platter.
    But yes, that's got a lot to do with why I haven't posted.
    The other reasons are that I don't have much free time to paint, what with helping all you whelps here on LO, working, and keeping the ladyfriend in line. Without free time to paint, I put the models that I use in a priority position, and the rest sit fallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanish View Post

oh and Sarathai, the next month's painting challenge are Marauders. there's your excuse.
    I guess I can paint up at least 10 Marauders. Failing that, I'll submit my Blood Bowl team of Marauders, haha.
    And I'm not a traitor for being here. This is where I got my start on LO! I headed off into the Chaos Wastes when this place was being overrun with all kinds of upstart pups looking for the quick ASF-victory, and when I heard they were smashing Cavalry into the ground with 8th edition.

And on note - it's not like my High Elf list is any more fleshed out than my Warriors one... Spears and Swordmasters - it's all you need these days. But I've got some dusty old models somewhere I'm sure I can drag out for a few photo-ops.
    Last edited by CaptainSarathai; December 3rd, 2011 at 12:07.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Not to be pushy, but I'd really like to see this begin and seeing as its the christmas break and people have a little time off from work/university/school to get some painting done on the brand new models they got for christmas so now might be the perfect time....

Anyone agree?
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast