prince help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: prince help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prince help

Hi guys here is a question for you all.
    How would you set up a prince in a 2000 point game so it is able to take in all the big monsters in combat like a HPA or a demon prince or even a bloodtherster?
    What would you give him and if mounted what on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, the our lords are just too fragile to go toe-to-toe with big scary things in my opinion. Sure, Speed of Asuryan can be used to get some fast hits on a target, but the big nasty critters tend to have lots of wounds and regeneration. At 2k points you're making the choice between an Archmage and a Prince and the Archmage usually adds much more to your army than the Prince does.

That being said, if you're hell-bent on using a combat Prince (from your post it seems you're looking for a monster-hunter) I'd give him all the armour he can put on, a ward save, and maybe a great weapon or something. Flaming attacks would be useful. Stick him in a blob of something scary and call it good. Or, if you want him on his own, the griffin with its I5 can really help with monster-hunting. Cannons, however, will just love shooting at this unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks mate just thought I would ask so what would you say is the best thing to take out the big nasties I am now thinking sword masters with banner of eternal flame what do you think?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Them or Dragon Princes. Caradryan is also worth a look for tackling monsters, his halberd is flaming and does multiple wounds.

If the big monster is a character or ridden by a character, you can challenge with the champion and then regrowth the champion in your own turn. This can be an effective stall.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks that has helped a lot I will let you know when I have posted my army list

+ Reply to Thread