Talisman of Loec - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talisman of Loec

Lo,

Quick question re: the Talisman of Loec. Does the "re-roll hits" stack with our existing Speed of Asuryan to mean we get to re-roll failed hits twice? The re-rolling to wound and the saved wounds re-rolling is obviously a perk, but I'm not sure why they'd mention re-roll hits again since anyone who could take the item has SoA. Or am I missing something?

-JC

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old rules perhaps? I never played 7th so don't know if Always Strike first gave you re-rolls to hit. Also SoA only gives you re-rolls to hit if your Initiative is equal or Higher. Although not common, some things can be higher Initiative than Elves. I'm sure in the rule book it says you can't re-roll a re-roll, so it's not going to give double rolls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The High Elf Book is from 7th ed, when Always strike first did not give you rerolls. Though it still is a bonus due to the fact you can reroll to hit no matter what (like if you fighting something faster than you, or something that also has ASF). And remember, you can only reroll a die once, that comes from the main rulebook.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Yeah, it's not that useful anymore. Although there are people who believe that putting it onto a Swordmaster Champion makes him capable of downing enemy characters of a much higher value than himself (although you would need to cause a minimum of 2 wounds, difficult with 3A and the availability of solid wardsaves).
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

It's still a laugh with Sword of Hoeth, since you re-roll all the rolls to wound. If you don't get any 6's the first time you roll the to wound rolls then you can try again with all four attacks.

I don't think I would bother with Swordmaster Champion really although I can see why it would be amusing.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread