An idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An idea

i thought of putting a commander on a great eagle and giving him the reaver bow. Has anyone tried this before i? i was thinking he could float behind enemy lines and kill men out of units from behind and mabey take down warmachines. Any thoughts on this?

I'm bad for your health

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i find this usefull for hunting special characters. but ultimatly its a really exspensive RBT. i would field a mage and a RBT for his cost. but thats me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it only cost about 170 points

commander
    reaver bow
    heavy armour
    shield
    great eagle
    I'm bad for your health

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

The downside is that all that Ld is flying halfway or more across the field. A long way from you troops. Not a good idea for a general.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, It doesn't have to be the general, Elf generals are random..

I Have thought about this, but not actually done it... I was thinking the same thing, but with the Bow of the Seafearer.. Problem is, it has to be on a Prince since the bow costs 60 pts, hence costing much more. Think about it though, he isn't going to miss with a BS of 7 or 8 (can't remember), plus its pretty much going to wound multiple times with no saving throws. Add that with a bunch of RBT's and a commander with the reaver bow, and you have yourself quite a shotty army there. I would also add a couple of scroll caddy's for this type of army because you will be hurting in the magic phase..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

commander
    reaver bow
    heavy armour
    shield
    great eagle
    Throw on a lance and you have a common, well used, and tested to be effective commander. His save isn't too bad, on the attack he is pretty good so warmachines and lone mages won't stand a chance, he flies so can go anywhere pretty much, and he carries a sweet bow that will kill very well. Take out the lone characters, warmachines and maybe even chariots with a combination of charges and shooting, then hang right behind your opponents lines march blocking and shooting ranks out, then when your units charge from the front get him to charge from the back. It won't get rid of ranks or anything but it will provide a few more kills that will do basically the same thing, and in the mean time the bow should have done a decent job of killing a few models.

Basically, its a very good character combo when used properly. Extremely nice for shooting mages that pop their head out, since your range is so long and BS so good.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by strewart
    then hang right behind your opponents lines march blocking and shooting ranks out, then when your units charge from the front get him to charge from the back.
    Don't you need a Unit Strength of 5 to block marches? Will a general get that, and can he do it anyway? I've been playing for a while, but never really thought of march-blocking with my character, I always just do his job then haul--- back to the lines to be ready with his LD for that coming charge.
    Is a good combo though, take him, and if you want to be really mean, take two more eagles on his flank, or even mount another character :eek: (the latter would be points heavy, not the best of Ideas).
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

As far as I know you don't need to be US5 to march block, and given the amount of people who do it I would say that is right... So I think they can do it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freddy
    Well, It doesn't have to be the general, Elf generals are random..

I Have thought about this, but not actually done it... I was thinking the same thing, but with the Bow of the Seafearer.. Problem is, it has to be on a Prince since the bow costs 60 pts, hence costing much more. Think about it though, he isn't going to miss with a BS of 7 or 8 (can't remember), plus its pretty much going to wound multiple times with no saving throws. Add that with a bunch of RBT's and a commander with the reaver bow, and you have yourself quite a shotty army there. I would also add a couple of scroll caddy's for this type of army because you will be hurting in the magic phase..

I thought commanders and princes both shared the same BS of 6...

Araith, a commander has a LD of 9, 1 higher than even our worst troops. Some of our units (Dragon Princes, Phoenix Guard etc) have a LD of 9 anyhow. Add to this that we roll for our army General i wouldn't really see this as a 'waste of leadership' Just a viable tactical option...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

That depends on how you value the difference between Ld8 and Ld9. But in a sense, you're right.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast