sword of hoeth - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sword of hoeth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sword of hoeth

Howcome no one ever uses the sword of hoeth?auto wonding is pretty good and it could help against multi wound modeles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

The main reason, doesn't modify strength. You will still only be doing the measily -1 to an armour save, so unless you come up against something with high save you still stand less a chance of killing them. You'd be better off with Blade of Sea Gold or the Swordmasters Honour in my opinion.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im either going start a lothern seaguard army or cavalry elves but thats off topic i just dont like not giving my army general ome form of close combat wepon and thats the only one i liked because otherwise unless you have armour of the gods or something my seaguard general would still only be strentgh 4 .

P.S:those names that give special abilites dont count twoard the magic i tems limit right?
    Last edited by Champion of Slaanesh; December 21st, 2005 at 02:18.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

True he would be only S4 still but you are an elf and there are few weapons available to you that allows for you to increase your strength. I'm afraid it is something you must deal with, hence why most take a lance, great weapon or the AoTG.

As to the honours, yes they do come out of your total magic allowance. Read the section under the relivent character, it reads;

"May choose a combination of Honours and/or magic items from the common or High Elf magic items lists, to a maximum total value of 100pts"
    So, the honours are payed from your character's allowance. More honours, less points to spend upon items.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dangit i knew it in the back of my head i just didnt want to except i oh well ill just have to give my elf lord and hsalberd and armour of the god and bow of the sea farer.

+ Reply to Thread