I can't seem to find a good balance. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I can't seem to find a good balance.

I did a tourney last weekend and outside massacaring a brets army due to a lucky first turn my list sucks. I have decent magic. But all it usually does is soften up the enemy army but my line still can't even handle a softened up army. I was bringing units of 10 spearmen and 15 swordmasters and white lions but they just don't get it done. So I would like some opinions about the following list.

Characters:

Prince - dragon armor - Blade of darting steel - Pure of heart - Sacred incense - Helm of fortune - shield - 236 points (deployed in the PG)

LVL 2 mage - Seer - Silver Wand - Channeller - 180 pts

LVL 2 mage - Jewel of the dusk - ring of fury

Commander - Riding chariot - BSB - Reaver bow - dragon armor - 226 points

Core:

30 Spearmen - Full command - War banner - 380 pts

10 Archers - champion - musician - 138 pts

5 silver helms - Full command - Heavy armor - shield - 150 pts

Special:

5 Elliryan reavers - 90 pts

7 shadow warriors - 105 pts

Rare:

1 RBT - 100 pts

19 Phoenix Guard - full command - banner of sorcery - 370 pts

Total 2150 pts

Would this be any good? Any suggestions?

Last edited by Sylvester; January 16th, 2006 at 17:47.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would drop the Phoenix Guard and take 18 Sworc Masters with the Banner of Sorcery. Then with the extra points get a Great Eagle. Then you might want to drop 5 Spearelves and pick up a second Great Eagle. These are great for march blocking wizard and war machine hunting.

Then I would keep the Chariot but put the BSB in with the Spearelves and put them in the middle of your battle line.

Drop the banner from the Silver Helms with only 5 in the unit and run them in tandum with the Chariot.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry dude he characters CANNOT ride chariots (sucks iknow) but no where in the army book does it say that anyone other than the tiranoc riders that are bought with them may ride it. So until the army book gets updated your commander is gonna have to slog it like the rest of the army.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_00
    sorry dude he characters CANNOT ride chariots (sucks iknow) but no where in the army book does it say that anyone other than the tiranoc riders that are bought with them may ride it. So until the army book gets updated your commander is gonna have to slog it like the rest of the army.
    Check page 25, bottom right paragraph under the section on character's steeds and you will see that HE characters can indeed ride in chariots. Pretty hard to spot, and sh**y place to put it I know.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of all the stupid places, i mean honestly WHO READS THE SIDE SCRIPT!, thanks i never noticed that before and all other army's have it written in the unit entries of both the characters and chariots.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try this commander combo,

Commander on a chariot, with AoP and halberd.
    Get him to charge together with another TC and you have yourself a party!
    D6 impact + 3WS 6 s 5, a ws 4 s 4, and two ws 3 s 3 attacks. it really rocks.:yes:

About the armylist,

drop the blade of darting steel, get another sword.
    replace the Phoenix guard with Sword masters.
    get another RBT
    Drop the command on the archers, waste of points.
    make the spearelves in to two units, both of 20 if you can.
    Drop the Elliryan reavers, they attract a lot of fire but that is IMO
    make the shadoew worriors a unit of 5 if you are using tmen for march blocking.

Hope it helps

Good Hunting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

now, this is just all my opinion, but i would rid myself of the phoenix guard. no one can find a point for them, unfortunate for such cool fluff. and with the extra rare slot, get 2 repeater bolt throwers, i dont have any experience with great eagles, so i would just get RBT they always help my army scads. also, i would get rid of the commander and prince, in my experience with HE, your CC heroes/lords cant stand S**t up to other CC heores/lords(its the 3 T :wacko: ) so i would replace them with mages, archmage and normal. that way youll have lots of crap flying at your opponent for the whole game. if you have any extra points, i would get swordmaster, they are probably the He's best CC unit by far. also i would split up the spearmen into 2 seperate units. hope this helps. good luck!
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ickebeebon
    also, i would get rid of the commander and prince, in my experience with HE, your CC heroes/lords cant stand S**t up to other CC heores/lords(its the 3 T :wacko: )
    use you comm. and princes as support. Get them to kill normal troops to minamise counter attacks.
    and in challanges. i usally win. and i play a lot against black orc war bosses and big boses.
    my prince has SM, AoG, guarding phoenix. (long live KB!!!!!!!!)

+ Reply to Thread