help wanted - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help wanted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

help wanted

i plan on re starting my HE army (mainly since my only 40k player is going to college) and am curious as what to purchase, i already have silver helms, spearmen, archers, 2 mages and 2 heros
    i plan on getting a rbt, and possibly some sword masters, but nothing is certain

also what are some good magic items in the vault? everytime i try to read them, when i finish i forget the first half of them:wacko:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get you a couple of Great Eagles. They are great for the pionts they cost.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Repeater BOlt Throwers (2), Great Eagles (2), Chariots, shadow warriors. Skip the swordmasters except in high point battles.

Give an archmage the book of Hoeth for un-dispellable fun. Used one in a 2000 pt game last night and was the proud recipient of several calls of "I hate you. I hate High Elves." I was quite happy. Used 1 archmage and 1 normal mage and completely dominated in magic.

The reaver bow is also quite annoying to opponents.

Hope that helps.
    Koosh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Yeah reaver bow is great. Book of Hoeth is one of those that seem people like and others don't.. I don't like any item that takes all your magic points allowance.

Reavers are a pretty good choice too, and I'd rate them above shadow warriors. Thats another thing that some people like and others don't.

The most effective things in your army will probably be silver helms, eagles and bolt throwers.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first get eagles and rbt's they will always be useful. preferebly two of them each

then get swordmasters, IMHO they are the best troops HE have, protect them well and make sure they get in CC, and then.. watch the opponets face go grimmer and grimmer as WS 6 S5 atacks begin to rain down on him

hop it helps
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Might be worth mentioning that great eagles are slightly more difficult to get hold of

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehambey
    Might be worth mentioning that great eagles are slightly more difficult to get hold of

Ciao

Stonehambey
    eagles are not really difficult to get, it is just that there are no square bases in the kits.
    (there is also a new eagle via direct only)
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

wel the armies i play are warriors of chaos, empire, and necros and skellies

so what about units like reavers, pheonix guard, and the prinves

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin the Warrior
    wel the armies i play are warriors of chaos, empire, and necros and skellies

so what about units like reavers, pheonix guard, and the prinves
    I think Dragon Princes are too expensive for their capabilities. You are not playing armies where you need to out-charge other fast knights, so I wouldn't bother.

Fear causers need large units to use the best ability of fear:autobreak. Pheonix guard are too expensive and fragile to have large units. Stick with spearmen and maybe swordmasters.

White lions are also expensive, and fragile. A small flanking unit might be ok, but then you give up eagles or bolt throwers, or you have to kit out your characters a lot to field them as a special.

Reavers are good if you field them with NO bows. They can bait charges, marchblock, and charge mages and war machines. They are roughly interchangeable with shadow warriors, so pick which you like best. Always give them a musician (to rally from fleeing) and no other command.

+ Reply to Thread