Entering A Gt In May - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as the title says, im entering a Grand Tournament in May.
    And as it also states: im totally screwed.
    I have NO idea of what my army should be like or what I would bring to a GT!

I heard from the GW staff that there wouldnt be any composition grading, and that made me think... I will probably be facing alot of sick *****. Like Skryreheavy Skaven, for instance.

And I started thinking about what I wanted: What if I took a Dragon? Should I take an all cav list with heavy magic? Should I go turtle and bunker up with 4 RBTs and archers up the wazoo? What am I going to do?

And I just thought Id start this off by ranting to all of you about it =) . Thanks for reading my post. If you have any tips, ideas, info, etc on any of the forementioned, please do reply =) . Could help me greatly.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is called storm of chaos not 'conflict'. The seaguard list will be optional.
    It might be good because they might make seaguard useful.

As for other lists there will be

Middenheimer list
    Archaon's siege army
    Manfred Von Carsteins army
    A Moulder or Eshin Skaven list
    Possibly a Slaanesh list
    A Daemon army

For your arrmy i think you need something to deal with Lords and monsters, maybe you can fit in a commander with foe bane and keep the lord in the centre of the army giving his Ld to nearby troops. Anyone sensible would not charge into a place where they can be flank charged by 2 units of silverhelms.
    The Worst thing you could face is probably is Tzeentch lord on Chaos Dragon with golden eye and the Staff of Change. With that staff he will smash apart any unit in your army before you get close. IF you do get into combat with him he will use the staff to help him cast powerful magic on himself augmenting his combat ability.
    A commander is likely to do just as much to a Dragon as a lord. (Only 1 less attack and Ws) and risking your general is too big of a risk to take because of panic and the large amount of Vp's your opponent will get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take something like this:

Prince
    Heavy Armour
    Enchanted Shield
    Helm of fortune
    Lance
    Vambraces of defence
    Dragon
    Pure of Heart

Mage
    Level 2
    Seer
    Channeller
    Silver Wand
    Ithilmarbarded Elven Steed

Mage
    Level 2
    Ring of Corin
    Channeller

Mage
    Level 2
    Ring of Fury
    Channeller

6 Silver Helms
    HA + Shields
    Full Command

6 Silver Helms
    HA + Shields
    Full Command

6 Silver Helms
    HA + Shields
    Full Command

6 Silver Helms
    HA + Shields
    Full Command

5 Ellyrian Reavers
    Musician

5 Ellyrian Reavers
    Musician

9 Dragon Princes of Caledor
    Ful Command
    Banner of Sorcery

1 Great Eagle

1 Great Eagle

PD PILE: 8 + D3
    DD PILE: 5
    Dispel Scrolls: 0
    Models in The Army: 50

Strengths: speed, terror, good AS for almost everyone and magic.
    Weaknesses: enemy artillery, outnumbering (couse to few models) and no dispel scrolls.

PS u can make `em chaeaper and remove the command groups of the silver helms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why in the world would he take 3 souped up lvl2 mages in a cavalry list?! Cavalry do nothing but charge towards the enemy as fast as possible. This means every unit will be marching until their in combat. And if the mage marches to gain the protection of a unit,he cant use spells. If he doesnt,hes a sitting duck. Also,this has been said in the past,but with cavalry your in combat by turn 2-3. The first turn you wouldnt be in range w/ magic,meaning you would have at the very most,1 whole turn of magic. Basicly everyone will have scrolls,and so your magic will be useless as the opponent will just scroll half your spells in the one turn opening for magic. Also,a lord on a dragon is both cheesy and stupid in 2k. The magic combo on the lord is just stupid,your paying 25 points for a rerollable armour save when your 55 pt. wargear item gives you that AND a 4+ ward save already. I could go on for a while longer,but i think you've gotten the idea.

ps:is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He might use 3 lvl 2 mages because it is a very effective combination with cav as I have tested, Cavalry going for enemy flanks risk being charged in the rear by enemy flanking units, magic will eliminate this threat.

Closed Thread