Mutlishot with RBT - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mutlishot with RBT

Quick question.

Since RBT fire at the BS of the crew, do they get the additional -1 for multiple shots? I haven't seen any rulings about it but I have been using it because it seems fair. Any official ruling that has been put out I haven't been able to find. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welll i have generally played with no modifieron the multpile shots, this might be said in the army book but i know not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

War machines do not suffer Multipul shot penelties. Normal weapons only suffer from this if specifically listed in their item discription (such as blow pipes or reapeater crossbows).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Sweet. Now it's time to lay a hail of RBT death on some fools. Thanks for the clarification.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And consider taking a Mage with Lore of Heavens to support your RBT.

Second Sign of Amul gives you a D3 re-rolls which are great with your bolt-thrower, especially if trying a single shot against a unit of cavalry Re-roll if you miss, then re-roll if you fail to wound. Assuming you get enough re-rolls of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by obliteratorftw View Post
    Quick question.

Since RBT fire at the BS of the crew, do they get the additional -1 for multiple shots? I haven't seen any rulings about it but I have been using it because it seems fair. Any official ruling that has been put out I haven't been able to find. Thanks in advance.
    This question comes up no less then once every month on either the DE or HE forum or the rules questions. The answer is the same every time.

Do the weapons list specifically "# x Multiple Shot" on their profile? No? {and the correct answer is NO they do not}

Then it doesn't matter how much like that rule they are, it doesn't even matter if the word multiple shot is invoked in their description, they are not and do not have that rule and thus DO NOT suffer the penelty unless it specifically says they do on their profile (as it does for all weapons that DO have the rule, such as Blowpipes or RCBs). It does not, and never has, had that rule in any way, shape, or form. Having a similiar rule means squat (and not in the "we wish they were still in 40k" sense of the word).

If you need something more official, write the GT folks. They've been giving this exact same answer for years. I really wish somehow this would be stickied, if it isn't already somewhere.

Understand I don't blame you for asking this question... it IS evident why it gets asked so much and it's GWs poor word choice not your fault. I'm frustrated at them for not catching this years ago.
    I so hope in this edition of the HE and DE book GW cleans up the wording or directly addresses this question somehow. I don't blame the newbs who have to ask it, the wording is confusing and it needn't be, and old answers scroll to bottoms of forums. I do think GW has been at this long enough they should have known better then to use the title of a special rule as a descriptive wording in a similiar but NOT identical war machine.

The fact they don't stick it in the FAQs, which would take them 10 minutes of work, and they leave it to the GT folks and the rules vets of communal sites to explain it to people, borderlines on negligance. (okay that was a little excessive, but still at it's core has a nugget of truth)

And yes, all this did just come from the guy who normally defends GWs writing as intuitive if you just think about it a sec logically. This one however is just plain confusing and misleading, especially to new players, the ones you should be most concerned about not doing that too.
    -
    Making Sisters of Battle into Women of Battle
    -
    Give a Rep Star if you like what someone said. Especially Me. I'm an unabashed Star whore. Blame my 2nd grade teacher and those stupid good behavior stickers. I'm just conditioned. I'm the Pavlov's Dog of stars.
    -
    You win with VP, NOT with kills
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the volley rules do armor saves get a -2 or -3 penalty overall? Half my game shop says -3 and the other half says -2 which is what I think it is so which one is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by brizzle88 View Post
    On the volley rules do armor saves get a -2 or -3 penalty overall? Half my game shop says -3 and the other half says -2 which is what I think it is so which one is it?
    Edit: See Below
    Last edited by BFGMidwesternPrisoner; June 28th, 2007 at 10:39. Reason: my head ate some cheese and i brain farted
    -
    Making Sisters of Battle into Women of Battle
    -
    Give a Rep Star if you like what someone said. Especially Me. I'm an unabashed Star whore. Blame my 2nd grade teacher and those stupid good behavior stickers. I'm just conditioned. I'm the Pavlov's Dog of stars.
    -
    You win with VP, NOT with kills
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Its minus 2 overall. The modifier it states is there to replace that of the s4 normal one.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is S4 with armour-piercing, thus giving a total of -2.
    Not -3.

hope it helps
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

+ Reply to Thread