Nurgle dread. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nurgle dread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

Nurgle dread.

I've just finished my new Dread for my Death Guard.

I was going for the traditional humorous GW look. Kind of like the classic Beast of Nurgle

My painting is a bit crude but I hope it gets the job done.

Comments appreciated!

Ikterus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

That looks freaking awesome! the eyes are well painted.

It's good to see a model in 40k that doesn't take itself seriously, this definately ranks up there with the Christmas Orks. Well done. :yes:
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Such an adorable little freak.
    I agree, it's awsome. I often have a problem with humorous minis, they tend to be just funny and very silly. But this one is funny in the same way as a killerclown is.
    It's really freaky and I love it.
    The only thing that bothers me a bit (apart from the slightly manical giggeling and a tendency to want to look over my shoulder that this mini produces) is the painting. I'm not an ink-man myself so the abundant use of it on this...thing makes it a bit ...hmmm..inky.
    Why not give it just some more paint on the raised ares of the skin to give it a bit more depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus View Post
    Such an adorable little freak.
    I agree, it's awsome. I often have a problem with humorous minis, they tend to be just funny and very silly. But this one is funny in the same way as a killerclown is.
    It's really freaky and I love it.
    The only thing that bothers me a bit (apart from the slightly manical giggeling and a tendency to want to look over my shoulder that this mini produces) is the painting. I'm not an ink-man myself so the abundant use of it on this...thing makes it a bit ...hmmm..inky.
    Why not give it just some more paint on the raised ares of the skin to give it a bit more depth.
    Thanks for the kind words.

I agree, it is indeed inky... I am a crude painter, but when I get more guts I'll try to tidy it up a bit... I'm afraid I'll just make it more sloppy (if that is at all possible) if I try to put some more paint on it.
    Ikterus

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

It makes me want to laugh, but those TL Lascannons will end my laughter quickly. Great painting and nice use of GW.

You might want to paint the eyes on that nurgling from red to something more contrasting. At first it just looked like the dread had taken a dump.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

You're hiding behind the 'this is a funny mini' routine.

I say rubbish to that.

You've created a masterpiece. This captures nurgle and chaos better than many thing I've seen.

How did you sculpt those eyes? They're phenomenal!

Well done!

^__^
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me where you got that mouth and I won't slay yo... hello Mister Mod... no we were just having a friendly conversation weren't we? *jabs him in the ribs* Yeah... see? Just a nice conversation with my good old buddy here... now where were we... ah yes... the mouth tell me where you got it or something might happen to your toy horsey there...

Now seriously

Good modelling with the eyes... love them soo much! Very very silly attitude taken towards this... so amazing.
    http://brunsvillegame.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    Rep people if they help you!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x1)

Jaffar: Haha... A nice sized dump would be in place. Makes me wish I'd gone in that direction. But point taken, the eyes need to pop. I'll fix it! Paint them blue perhaps to match the violet eye of the big guy...

Karmoon: Thanks mate. The eyes were actually rather easy to sculpt. I took some paper clips and put a little ball of GS on the top of each one and let it harden. After that I just covered the clip with GS and let i run up the ball to create a sleeve of sorts... Pice of cake really. Try it!

Nugz: Thanks, I don´t know if the happy face will make people shoot him more or less... The mouth is anyhow the belly(!) from the classic GUO.
    Ikterus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

May I suggest something?

Sliming up the base a bit.

That'd really add the disgusting factor to the model.

Simply mix some suitable nauseating shade of green/brown with PVA and apply a dab here and there to the base.

When it dries - gloss varnish it. Voila - (not quite) instant slime.

I LOVE the reaction of none chaos players when they go 'Eeewww' at your models. I've found that with the base also diseased.. it's like your models will somehow infect the opponent's models.

This is great. Especially against those damn fairies and their hankies... always the hankies. *gibbers*
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    May I suggest something?

Sliming up the base a bit.

That'd really add the disgusting factor to the model.

Simply mix some suitable nauseating shade of green/brown with PVA and apply a dab here and there to the base.

When it dries - gloss varnish it. Voila - (not quite) instant slime.
    Will do!

Acctually I havent done any basing on any of my DG models yet (and I have 1500 pts + painted) so this is my prototype... So far my bases are just painted brown...

I just hate basing. It's not fun... But I will tart soon and your tips are appreciated!

Slime coming up!
    Ikterus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast