Nurgle Dreadnought - Malarus the Watcher(pics) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurgle Dreadnought - Malarus the Watcher(pics)

Though not the first conversion I've ever done, this is my first ever experiment with green stuff, and I think he turned out beautifully. Although I don't feel that my painting skills are quite as good as my modeling skills, this is definitely the best thing I've ever made. However, like all things, it could be better! So, although I won't be changing this model (except to base it), any tips or tricks on how to improve my modeling (and more importantly, my painting) skills in the future are welcome.

As is praise.

The basis of this model is the plastic loyalist model with prodigious amounts of green stuff. The eyes are air soft BBs embedded in the putty, and the spines in the back are the largest scything talons I could find - straight off the red terror (an expensive model, but I didn't pay for it, huzzah for friends who quit the game!). The snake mouth and mutant growth on his side are from the mutant spree (duh).

Front:

Sides:

Rear:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice! in a gross way!{goofy}

I like it but why so many Scything talons?
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the idea of having a row of nasty spines down his back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

Nice one. Very Nurgly and chaotic. It would look cool with a couple of Chaos Spawns to match.

I'm a struggeling painter myself and I think that you've really pulled through with the nice nasty "skin" on the dread. I do however think that you easily could fix the dots n the legs and the eyes and make them moore regular looking (if that's what you're after).

When you try to paint something freehand it often gets sloppy first time but then yoou just take the backgroud colour and fix the irregularities afterwards. For instance you could easily fix the the snakelike pupils and make them neater, which I think would look nice. This goes for the dots on the legs and right shoulder aswell.

I have recently painted eyes on my own dread which you can see in the forum and used this technique the make the irises and pupils round.
    Ikterus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the advice, Ikterus, I will give that a try.

+ Reply to Thread