Dreadnaught - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Dreadnaught

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently got my hands on two dreadnaughts, fully painted. Both are Dark Angels painted with actually dark angles molding on them. One has a lascannon and missle launcher, the other a CC fist and an assault cannon. Now i realize daemonhunters can not use an assault cannon on their dreads, but i want to convert to create at least one dread for my own use outta these two.
    First I have to get rid of the paint, nailpolish remover good?
    Also, I was even thinking, if I buy the forgeworld chassi, meaning just the torso, can the arms and legs I have fit on it? then i could make a dread with a lasscannon and a misslauncher or a las and a CC weapon

Live life Dangerously

<a href='http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/194529' target='_blank'>http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/194529</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgeworld stuff should let the arms fit. If they don&#39;t you can always just order the arms. I&#39;m not sure about stripping paint, never done it myself, but i think that brake fluid or pinesol works, everybody says it does. Soak it overnight then take it out and scrub it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please please dount use strippers on resin/ plastics take it from me it doesn&#39;t just take the paint off but is melts away detail. But back on subject, you should just try to repaint or use warm soapy water and srub it. also to &#39;vert it just get a ton of book bitz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it doesn&#39;t fit then MAKE it fit&#33;
    The only problem I can see is if the pegs in the body are too large for the holes in the arms, but you can always trim och cut them off.

BTW, do you mean the MK IV or the regular GK torso? Personally I prefer the regular body.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the arms should fit.

maybe you could make 2 dreadnoughts by stipping the paint off of them, remove the unwanted dark angels detail, put GK detail on where it should be, buy another lascannon arm from GW mail order, add it then repainting them.

this way you have 2 dreadnoughts. all it will take is some details to make it look GK (bits box or maybe green stuff) and 1 extra arm from mail order. it will likely be alot cheaper than forgeworld.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Closed Thread