Slaanesh Daemon Prince - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaanesh Daemon Prince

I've noticed that the emphasis, when it comes to Slaanesh, is almost always on sex, sound, and various forms of phallic imagery. There are exceptions of course, but the majority of models have these sorts of themes. I was trying to think of a unique idea for a Daemon Prince conversion, and came up with a very interesting idea. Slaanesh is not the Prince of sex or sound, but the Prince of Excess.

So, rather than focus on the more commonly used forms of excess, I thought it might be interesting to focus on another - gluttony.

I would like to create a platform that hovers a short distance above the ground. Upon this platform, a massively large and obese figure sits, surrounded by trays and tables of food (or corpses - everybody loves a cannibal). Above his head and to the sides on the platform are mounted gigantic speakers (For that extra Slaanesh feel), and he holds a gigantic cleaver in one hand. He would have a long, tentacle like tongue covered in round, sharp toothed orifices.

Any opinions or suggestions of good models to use as a basis for such a conversion would be welcome. One possibility I am considering is the Slann Mage Priest model, but I think it is too small, particularly the platform, and the body would be hard to modify, being a single solid piece.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

I myself think that the Keeper of Secrets is the weakest of the four Greater Deamons, and wanting to take a crack at converting one with a different theme. Hitting upon the theme of gluttony, I took a look at the GW range...The Slann Mage took my attention first as it did yours, the pose and demeanor fittingthe image in my head, but it would be far too hard to convert.

I've turned to the Ogre Kindgoms range from WHFB, most of them having huge bloated bellies and frame. Of course they could benifit from a few more ripples of writhing flab bloating over his clothes/armor provided by some greenstuffing. I've contemplated mixing and matching the plastic Ogre bodies with the Daemon Prince arms and legs, to give the model a more 'Chaos Space Marine' feel.

Alternativly, I've also taken a good look at the WHFB Plastic Giant Kits. The body CERTAINLY has a big, bulbous belly that would fit the bill, plus the cloven hooves and horned head...its practically a deamon in and of itself. It's 'pants' are patched together cloth...which would be great converted to patched together human faces and skin...

Anyways, thats just a few ideas, hope they help! Good luck!

This was a triumph...
    I'm making a note here:
    HUGE SUCCESS
    Its hard to overstate my satisfaction.
    Adeptus Mechanicus;
    We do what we must because we can
    for the good all of us,
    except the ones who are dead...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when you mentioned that wicked smile i thought of the forge world great unclean one
    CoolMiniOrNot - Forgeworld Great Unclean One, Greater Daemon of Nurgle by GriffinPainting
    might be a little expensive to spend on a conversion though :x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you meen something like this?

This is how i imagined it, but its just my concept

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

It sounds like a doable project. However, I could easily see the model being confused for the gluttonous portrayal of Nurgle's followers. For one thing, Slaanesh is renowned for having slender daemons- both the K.O.S. and his daemonettes. Of course, there's nothing to stop you from going the gluttonous route either. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of The Forge View Post
    I myself think that the Keeper of Secrets is the weakest of the four Greater Deamons, and wanting to take a crack at converting one with a different theme. Hitting upon the theme of gluttony, I took a look at the GW range...The Slann Mage took my attention first as it did yours, the pose and demeanor fittingthe image in my head, but it would be far too hard to convert.
    He's referring to the daemon prince and not the K.O.S..

Side: The K.O.S. is IMHO the best of the great daemons. Cost for cost, the K.O.S. has a very similar stat line to the Thirster. Effectively he kills troops just as well as the Thirster, but for a substantially reduced cost. While it generally takes one additional round to get the K.O.S. into c.c., he's a right bit cheaper as well.

Unlike the G.U.O. and the Tzeentch great daemon, the K.O.S. has enough attacks in order to punch through enemy units. There's been plenty of times when I've been witness to a swarm of gaunts tying up these two daemons, due to their low attack value.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea. Slaanesh, after all, is a god of pleasure, and as had been noted before, "pleasure" could mean pretty much anything. If you're going to do gluttony you could give him something like a big hauch of meat, Slaanesh knows from what, as a weapon. Or you can look at the old Empire range and dig up some halflings, who are supposed to be great cooks (and I believe they have a model with a kettle, though don't quote me). Also, loved the picture WarplockMonkey, I think its a damn good idea.
    Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

209 (x3)

Seriously a great idea, i love the concept sketch warplockmonkey
    Or you can look at the old Empire range and dig up some halflings, who are supposed to be great cooks (and I believe they have a model with a kettle, though don't quote me)
    Its called the halfling Hotpot: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...2028&orignav=9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats an awesome sketch, and its pretty close to how I envisioned it, just without the floating platform.

That Great Unclean one model is beautiful, but I don't think it would work well for a conversion. I am actually considering going for a scratch built deal - just use a ball of the right size for his middle and sculpt it up into what I want. The problem with that is that I am not much of a sculptor, and such an advanced build would be out of my league.

I did consider the similarities of such a model to Nurgle, but I think it would still be very passable Slaanesh, especially since I would be giving him smooth(ish) skin and piercings, not to mention speakers. I think a slave girl or two wouldn't be out of place, either. I kind of see the model with that decadent Jabba the Hut feel, just not really looking like Jabba (except for being fat )

And, once again, that sketch is awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

I think he should be bloated and glutinous but in a more slender 'pregnent-ish' style belly rather than the droopy fat folds-ish man boob style.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats an interesting idea, Kossolax, but it just wouldn't have the same really obese, gluttonous feel that I want.

However, I hav ebeen considering pregnant Daemonettes, or even Plaguebearers. There aren't many things more disturbing than and undead chick with a fetus hand sticking out of her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast