Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice

Hey there. I need some help.

Heres it is:
    Im starting another Necron army and I am going to try and paint them like they were frozen. And was just wondering what colors of Paint I should use to get that effect. And what color of primer and ink i should use as well.

Also, i was wondering about adding icicles to specific points on the models, and was curious. What should i use to make the icicles? I would use Green stuff, but that doesn't come in clear when it dries. I was thinking maybe using the white school glue that dries clear. Maybe adding in a drop of blue food coloring. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

I can't tell about the icicles as I have never tried something like that but for the colors to use are the so called 'cold colors'... lighter shades of blue as Ice Blue and especially White... now for inks a heavily watered down Blue Ink... and on the primer question definitely white to give the final output a brighter look... Can't wait to see the test model!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

For the Icesicals you could try a hot glue gun. Lets say you putting a sickle on the tip of a gun, if you let the glue gun drip on to a peace of paper then take the gun dip it into the drop of warm glue and pull away it makes a nice sickle and its clear. Oh and the quicker you pull the model away the longer and thinner the ice sickle will be.
    If you do things right people wont be sure if you have done anything at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could try to "frost" them over with blues, whites, and greys. Brushthralls has an article (click) about something like this, with a good looking end product, although personally I prefer how the mini looked before the Smoke layers.

I'm not sure about using hot glue for icicles; they might look unnaturally smooth, and all the hot glue I've used dries opaque. If it were me undertaking this project, I think I'd just go ahead with the green stuff and then paint appropriately. If you're clever with your layers you could achieve a sort of mock translucence.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing the methods you choose and their results!

+ Reply to Thread