40K Beastman in Power Armor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

40K Beastman in Power Armor

OK, I've teased people for long enough. Have a gander at these...

I've talked about the conversion in the other forum, and here's the painted miniature. I was going for Chaos Undivided, so I tried to represent a little of each of the four colors on him. I also decided I wanted chains to be a motif among the leaders of this Beastman legion, so I used Khorne Berserker bodies with Black Templar arms.

I'm pretty happy with this result, even if my photo editing skills are a little wanting. In time, I'll post more photos I've got of other troops in this army. The one I'm saving for a while is their Grand Shaman, though... I want to paint him up perfectly!

I build, I convert, I sometimes paint, and once in a while, if I'm really lucky, I might even play.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

Hmm... cant tell if thats actually metal, or a goldish tan...I think you could use some more highlights, but i like what you have. Your painting is crisp, which is good. Now all you have to do is get couragous, and start to do some highlighting. Black is tricky, i usually go with dark blues, but whites work good too.
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

I think toaste is on the money here - better pics would help.

It does seem that there are some highlights but it is hard to make out the extent of the highlighting. It it appears that there is no highlighting on the black - if that is true then toastee is right - time to step it up.

as for the painting in general - it looks very neat which is half the battle. I Look forward to seeing more pics on this project.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm
    Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
    ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Good looking. The colour you have chosen seem to fit this model well. Not that easy to see but it seems good. I like the way the colours aren't too in-your-face. this suits a Beatman type very well.

I would suggest that in comparison to your conversion skills your painting skills still need to be nurtured. You seem to know how to paint cleanly and clearly and choose good appropriate colours. You should now focus on other areas. Practice on refining the effects you are using and upgrading the standard of your shading and highlighting.
    Last edited by Leech; August 15th, 2007 at 23:58.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Well, the comments I'm getting on this so far is that I need to deepen my shading. I can't say I disagree, particularly on this model. I don't think I did highlight the black armor at all, probably because... it's... black... Besides, I was hoping that the black panels wouldn't be the focus of the model, but the other smaller bitz like the chains, weapons, and head.

But yes, I can agree that I tend to be more subtle when it comes to my highlighting. Actually, though, I inadvertently started trying new techniques on other models in this army, and their highlights are much more pronounced. The big difference was that I usually do the basecoat - dark wash - highlight process, kind of old but tried and true. On other, more recent models, I did dark basecoat - highlight - HIGHlight, which left much more contrast than my others. If I can take a few photos that do the models justice, I'll show you how that result turned out.
    I build, I convert, I sometimes paint, and once in a while, if I'm really lucky, I might even play.

+ Reply to Thread