Help with Slimy Nurgle Nastiness - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Help with Slimy Nurgle Nastiness

I'm about to convert up an army of Nurgle Renegades and I'm having problems with my slime.

I'm after a nice thick liquid that I can drip down the sides of vehicles etc that will keep it's consistancy once dried. I've tried PVA but no matter how thick it is it always dries flat.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried not just painting the pva on but instead just dabbing it on in blobs. And try doing that from the top and letting it dribble down to the bottom. You could try a mix of watered down paints and inks mixed with pva and gloss varnish to make it look that little bit more sickly. Oh and use multiple coats of pva as well it will add more texture
    "Mr. Cypher please come out from underneath the table, the Dark Angels are not out to get you."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's something I've found works for that "slimey" look.
    Find some clear sprue, then melt it w/ soldering iron in the middle while pulling (gently) on both ends. Trim, glue, and paint if desired.
    98% of Crack users become criminals that steal & sell computers, the other 2% actually know how to use them and become MODs! lol
    Laugh while you can, Monkey-Boy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor Xenos View Post
    Here's something I've found works for that "slimey" look.
    Find some clear sprue, then melt it w/ soldering iron in the middle while pulling (gently) on both ends. Trim, glue, and paint if desired.

Nice idea.

Dangerous for my fingers but a nice idea.

May well give it a try.

Cheers
    Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

woodland scenics makes a product called water effects that works pretty good. It is kind of like pva glue but thicker. It should hold the desired shape a lot better. I have used it for making iceicles and water coming out of a broken pipe to good effect.

Remember though if it is not textured enough for you you can always go back and add more layers to the glue/whatever product you are using to build the desired shape.

The good thing about the water effects is that it is thick enough to not drip at odd angles and such - so it stays in place where you want it.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Here's a few images of the water affects that slorak is talking about. I also highly recommend it. You can also add paint to it. It doesn't take much, and by that I mean just a hair's breath of paint. The more paint you add the less transparent the product becomes. There are two kinds of these products: Realistic water (consistency of honey) and water affects (consistency of tooth paste). Both dry clear unless paint is added. The realistic water is more for ponds and the likes, whereas the water effects is more for waves, slime, waterfalls, etc. Water affects runs around $12 USD at your local hobby shop. You can also purchase the stuff online.

The first image is of realistic water with a slight green tint:

This next images is of the water affects with a very small amount of green/yellow paint added to give the appearance of slime:

Side: The large pustules are not actually from the water affects. Those are imitation grapes sliced in half (you know, the kind our grandmothers put on the living room tables ) There are also random bits that can be seen through the water affects. Basically, you can add anything, any color, and have it become completely opaque or transparent:

Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread